What's new
Nice1 @nam9.
Was looking at a few different 9600 SE on ebay, was hoping to get them running and use for a muti hd. Can the ttx+ work on any monitor
The TTX will output 15 & 31kHz via the VGA and DVI ports respectively.

it's also important to note that you MUST upgrade the bios. I can confirm that the games wont boot on a non Taito BIOS.

Nice1 @nam9 i was wondering what was going on, i was trying an old pc monitor and a hd monitor and was getting no pic with vga and dvi. using a 9600xt from my battle gear 4 ttx+ and just no signal

@twistedsymphony depends what you are running. I will get a black screen on TGM with a non Taito card, but other games will boot and play. Tested with 9600, Pro and XT (see earlier posts). Only XT failed to boot.
Worth noting though that all above run worse than the 9600SE...

If @Mickysmoke picks up a 9600SE it should be functional until we get a BIOS reflash sorted.

Hello guys, is this memory ddr2 1gig are compatible in the ttx2?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• NBDROQ.jpg
    NBDROQ.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 168
  • fVUqkq.jpg
    fVUqkq.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 5vovWi.jpg
    5vovWi.jpg
    462.9 KB · Views: 173
  • bZJF3p.jpg
    bZJF3p.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 613

Thanks in advance

The Hynix memory will work just fine.
I had the same memory.
Plus the PC2-5300 timings are closer to what I found in my TTX2 when I received it.
I've since than upgraded mine with a 6800X processor, and 4GB of ram (which reads around 3.2GB).
I have ebay links for those if you're interested.
index.php

Thanks in advance
The Hynix memory will work just fine.
I had the same memory.
Plus the PC2-5300 timings are closer to what I found in my TTX2 when I received it.
I've since than upgraded mine with a 6800X processor, and 4GB of ram (which reads around 3.2GB).
I have ebay links for those if you're interested.
index.php
thanks psykom

This a local seller here in the Philippines selling it into $8 a piece ,might grab this for future usage of the ttx2 that i have

hi guys. can anyone list down the best cpu that i can buy to upgrade the taito type x board?
there are socket 478 and 775 pentium 4 3.0ghz. there are HT versions too. it would be helpful if someone can tell me what the exact pentium 4 cpu that i need to buy.

i would like to request what kind of ram that i can buy to upgrade the board too.
i'm not sure if it's ddr1 or ddr2. do i buy two 1gb sticks? or i need to buy two 2gb sticks for a total of 4gb? i would think only type X2 board needs that much ram not type X.
ebay links would be helpful or even the serial numbers of known working brands.

i will maintain the stock 9600se gpu as this seems to be the best choice for compatibility.
thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I am using an Intel P4 3GHz (SL6WK) socket 478 CPU and 2x 1GB PC3200 (DDR-400) ram.

I’ve tried a multitude of graphics cards all have performed worse than the stock 9600SE. Still need to get round to flashing a standard card with the 9600SE Bios to see how that changes things though...

Back