What's new

duffcon

Professional
Reaction score
Got this idea from other forums: What are you doing to distract yourself while waiting for your CPS2 Multi to ship?

I'll go first:

I bought a Rev 6 Marvel Vs. Streetfighter w/ a Pal-G chip. Need to check the jumpers, but it should be good to go. Enjoying the game while I wait.

i can tell you what i did: more or less exactly what you said :D

I got a donor board (took MvC, same revision that is used in the videos, all jumpers correct, correct PAL), read up on everything in the various threads (this was before Version 3 of the installation manual), watched Mitsu's videos which were super helpful for the installation and had the rompack downloaded and unzipped for copying on the SD (ordered the card together with the multikit).

When the kit arrived i started preparing the SD and went to installing the kit - being prepared beforehand helps really a lot :thumbup:

I already have the memory card prepped and ready to go. I ordered a sd card extension cable so i dont have to open the A board case to change memory card. And will be ordering a long cable for the lcd screen. Hopefully wont have to wait much longer for the kit.

I already have the memory card prepped and ready to go. I ordered a sd card extension cable so i dont have to open the A board case to change memory card. And will be ordering a long cable for the lcd screen. Hopefully wont have to wait much longer for the kit.
Ha! I did that too. Also salvaged a 4 pin fan cable from an old PC for my key writing cable.

Was thinking about going through and re-organizing the titles and folder names if I get bored. Latest word is end of August :(

Ha! I did that too. Also salvaged a 4 pin fan cable from an old PC for my key writing cable.
Was thinking about going through and re-organizing the titles and folder names if I get bored. Latest word is end of August :(
LOL I also salvaged 4 pin cable from a old pc. They fit perfectly and the 4 cables are nicely twisted together and in 4 colors.

I’m still looking for a donor board, preferably MvC....

And I’ve been playing Alpha 3 on the PS4.

I’m still looking for a donor board, preferably MvC....

And I’ve been playing Alpha 3 on the PS4.
There are plenty of donor boards on Ebay. I purchased a MvC board that was pheonixed. You should be able to find one if you regularly check ebay.

Anybody heard word from saveyourgames when they will receive stock? I'm not going to bug them as I'm sure they have better things to do. I'm open to hearing rumors :thumbsup:

Got this idea from other forums: What are you doing to distract yourself while waiting for your CPS2 Multi to ship?

I'll go first:

I bought a Rev 6 Marvel Vs. Streetfighter w/ a Pal-G chip. Need to check the jumpers, but it should be good to go. Enjoying the game while I wait.
What am I doing? Staring at the 9 new arcade PCBs I have and no HAS to use them with, so... I take my mind off of not having the CPS2 Multi by realizing that even if I did have it, I couldn't play it!!!!!! ARGH!!!

:P

Well, seriously, I'm doing the above, but I'm also trying to get all the trophies in the new God of War game, which is awesome!

I'll go first:

What am I doing? Staring at the 9 new arcade PCBs I have and no HAS to use them with, so... I take my mind off of not having the CPS2 Multi by realizing that even if I did have it, I couldn't play it!!!!!! ARGH!!!
:P

Well, seriously, I'm doing the above, but I'm also trying to get all the trophies in the new God of War game, which is awesome!The
The HAS Superguns are not going to be available till like October or November. Why dont you get a Retroelectric supergun until to hold you of. Thats what i did until i can get a HAS.

I'll go first:

What am I doing? Staring at the 9 new arcade PCBs I have and no HAS to use them with, so... I take my mind off of not having the CPS2 Multi by realizing that even if I did have it, I couldn't play it!!!!!! ARGH!!! :P

Well, seriously, I'm doing the above, but I'm also trying to get all the trophies in the new God of War game, which is awesome!The
The HAS Superguns are not going to be available till like October or November. Why dont you get a Retroelectric supergun until to hold you of. Thats what i did until i can get a HAS.
Really? 1st, is it REALLY going to be that long until the HAS is ready? If so, is the RE SG the one people recommend for a cheap alternative? Will it damage my OSSC or boards? I've heard mixed results about other SGs and don't want to risk it. Thanks!

I'll go first:

What am I doing? Staring at the 9 new arcade PCBs I have and no HAS to use them with, so... I take my mind off of not having the CPS2 Multi by realizing that even if I did have it, I couldn't play it!!!!!! ARGH!!! :P
Really? 1st, is it REALLY going to be that long until the HAS is ready? If so, is the RE SG the one people recommend for a cheap alternative? Will it damage my OSSC or boards? I've heard mixed results about other SGs and don't want to risk it. Thanks!
On HAS thread he stated that it going to be aprox 3 months before the next supply of HAS superguns are going to be available, its on page 52 of the HAS Supergun thread that he puts a time frame. As for the retroelectric sp it the cheapest ive heard of. I have one ive been using and it has not damage the boards i have, i have 3 cps2 boards and it has not damaged them.

I don not have a OSSC but from what i have read it is that if you use cheap scart cables that do not have the proper resisters and are not well the retroelectric sp will kill the ossc. But i dont know much about it. Fro video i sue a CGA EGA YUV to VGA converter board with the retroelectric sp. It does the job for now until i can get a HAS or Sentinal supergun.

Last edited:
Yesterday I went through my board and confirmed jumper settings. I’ll double check, but it looks like all the jumpers are correct on my Rev6 board and it has a Pal-G. So now, we wait....

Yesterday I went through my board and confirmed jumper settings. I’ll double check, but it looks like all the jumpers are correct on my Rev6 board and it has a Pal-G. So now, we wait....
Iam on the same boat.

Add me to the excitedly waiting list.

Can someone with better search skills direct me to the post with the LCD case and mounting bracket? I stumbled upon it a while ago and thought it looked awesome, but can't find it now.

Screw it, I'm waiting now for all the damn multis (CPS2, STV, F3!) AS WELL AS the HAS. I refuse to buy a cheaper SG... I just can't do it. The best for the best.

Now I wait and hope Mike contacts me soon for a HAS so I can have it set up and tested while I wait for the multis.

What am I doing? I'm starting Uncharted 4 to get me through the wait.

Can someone with better search skills direct me to the post with the LCD case and mounting bracket? I stumbled upon it a while ago and thought it looked awesome, but can't find it now.
If you want to buy from the man himself, @twistedsymphony then this is his online shop.

Apart from that, @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES had at least the lcd case in stock, don't know about the mounting bracket (he didn't have it at the time i ordered mine...)

Thank you @MoppelTheWhale

That is exactly what I was looking for.

No holsters in stock but am thinking it may not be suitable as it looks like it will obstruct a supergun.

How else are people mounting their LCDs?

on cps2 yes, very much, but the lcd dangling on the cable isn't very satisfying either.

and i'm using an extension cable any way as stress relief on the jamma edge, so a might still order one from him, togeter with the f3 lcd mount (but that means is need a sacrificial shell for my f3 multi when it arrives...

choices, choices ^^

Back