What's new

XtraSmiley

Legendary
Reaction score
Hey guys (and gals? maybe?),

I've been posting all over and I realized I may not have hit the intro (or maybe I did and forgot?).

I'm Mo and I'm over in Honolulu. I've got a rather large arcade game collection, but mostly Atari Vectors and they are all in storage due to outrageous cost of space here in Hawaii. Being away from my machines for over 3 years now finally pushed me to check out the arcade PCB scene and well, one thing led to another and of course Darksoft's projects from other sites led me here. I'm on all the boards with the same handle, XtraSmiley (it's a 90's thing man, when things were XTREME!!!!) and I like to keep my name the same, so when I'm an ass it follows me, and when I'm cool it does as well.

Anyway, I just got back from a week in Japan and thanks to members on here I hit the three major arcade sellers (as well as ALL the Tokyo retro game shops).

Here is some stuff I picked up an a list of what's available in case you are heading out there yourself.

Dragon Breed at Beep for 45,000 yen ($400 USD) tax included. A little more than I wanted to pay, but it came with the extra's too
Radiant Silvergun with motherboard for 41,000 yen ($365 USD) from MAK.
Some ST-V Mahjong game for $5 USD. I got it so I can use the case for my multi eventually.
Elevator Action Returns and F3 motherboard for 24,000 yen, ($212 USD) from G-Front.

G-Front owner was awesome, but it's definitely a shell of what it was (according to pictures I've seen). At this point it's a guy living in an apartment on the 5th floor, an apartment littered with boards and boxes and manuals all over the place. I rang the bell, waited for him to open the door and then he invited me in. VERY NICE guy, gave me a deal on the boards and also asked a lot of questions about what I was into and what a I bought where. Sadly I saw him an the end of my trip, but I think he was going to give me some pointers on very cool arcades to check out.

u0GaXFF.jpg

p1l0St2.jpg

Beep is right next to Suraguya, see below.
es8PUh4.jpg

So MAK, Beep, and G-Front have board lists for sale on their web sites, so can just go there to see what is current, the one place that has great stuff (arcade and home console) and the prices can be super great or super high is Suraguya, which also doesn't charge tax over $50, which is great for anyone buying expensive ass arcade PCBs. Sadly they are the least organized (G-Front not withstanding) and things are just jammed in the store with a million people in there making it hard to browse. I used Google Translate to look at most of these, but nothing seemed to be what I was looking for. Good luck to you if you get to go!

oDRwieb.jpg

QefNImn.jpg

gRk4NQV.jpg

7DrtWhx.jpg

PODkwWk.jpg

Back