What's new

sk8er000

Professional
Reaction score
I bought the multi MVS on the first batch from @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES but only recently I got some free time to play some games.
While I was playing I've noticed some weird pixel on the menu background and in the energy bar of SVC chaos that has a strange interference that I've never experienced using the 161 in 1. IT'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE OG AND BOOTLEG VERSION.
I've asked to @Darksoft before posting but he never experienced that behaviour.
anyone has experienced this issues?
You can see photo and links at the following link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zxp5IxWyjTyZ4gp3vHBHCnTFqcjEk33u

I've tried with:
MVS-1C with Multibios 3.3
MVS-1ACH with original bios
using:
Arcade PSU+HAS --> Hydra Switch --> Shinybow scart amplifier ---> OSSC+VP50 ---> SAMSUNG LCD
Arcade PSU+HAS --> Hydra Switch --> Shinybow scart amplifier ---> XRGB MINI ---> SAMSUNG LCD
Arcade PSU+HAS --> Hydra Switch --> Shinybow scart amplifier ---> BVM-20F1E
Arcade PSU+HAS --> Hydra Switch --> Shinybow scart amplifier ---> PVM-20L2MD

Last edited:
You have the latest firmware and menu installed, right?

Yes lastest menu and lastest firmware, unfortunately I've used the multi only for some minutes to test the features and the updates untill recently so I'm not able to say if those problems were present with older FW or menu :(

It's for sure strange, is it only that one game? Or have you noticed others with random/strange pixels?

If it can be helpful I just saw a video on YouTube of a SVC chaos gameplay with similar energy bar's behaviour (this one is less blurry that in my case):

unfortunately most videos have a "normal" energy bar..
Like this:

Anyway those video are quite useless for my issues as it's not clear if they are played using original hw/cartridge or not.

I've searched a lot for photos of the menu in the forum but I didn't see my same issue anywhere..

To be clear I'm not that kind of perfectionist that wants everything perfect (well I'm quite like that xD). If the weird pixels on the screen don't cause any problems with games in general I can live with that.
My only worry is that my multi can get worse with time or have problems in some games..

It's for sure strange, is it only that one game? Or have you noticed others with random/strange pixels?
I played 5 or 6 other games but didn't noticed anything in particular (or at least so evident like I'm SVC chaos) just some weird pixels (3 or five) appearing near the score in magician lord when you die.

Anyway I'll do further tests as soon as possible

It's very hard to tell. A lot of factors can cause things to look different. Display type, capture device, etc. My original cart is in storage but I compared our cart with NeoSD and they both behave the same. On my crt the power bars only get that pixel look when the background is moving.

Darksoft sggeested me to upload the videos on youtube:

I've fully recapped my mvs-1c bul I still notice the same behaviour, I'll recap my MVS-1ACH as soon as possible

Just to make things clear. We need to get confirmation of users here if they have that behaviour.

Tbh I'm 100% sure it's related to your setup as the cart does the same with NeoSD.

@sk8er000 can you please remind us what video adapter and Monitor/LCD are you using?

Can you remove the Shinybow scart amplifier from the equation? Why is this component even necessary?

Seems more like a video processing issue to me. You have a lot of devices in your chain, better to keep things simple and minimal.

Also, try enabling / disabling the HD mode of the Hydra.

@sk8er000 can you please remind us what video adapter and Monitor/LCD are you using?
I've tried with:
MVS-1C with Multibios 3.3
MVS-1ACH with original bios
using:
Arcade PSU+HAS --> Hydra Switch --> Shinybow scart amplifier ---> OSSC+VP50 ---> SAMSUNG LCD
Arcade PSU+HAS --> Hydra Switch --> Shinybow scart amplifier ---> XRGB MINI ---> SAMSUNG LCD
Arcade PSU+HAS --> Hydra Switch --> Shinybow scart amplifier ---> BVM-20F1E
Arcade PSU+HAS --> Hydra Switch --> Shinybow scart amplifier ---> PVM-20L2MD

Can you remove the Shinybow scart amplifier from the equation? Why is this component even necessary?

Seems more like a video processing issue to me. You have a lot of devices in your chain, better to keep things simple and minimal.

Also, try enabling / disabling the HD mode of the Hydra.
I use the amplifier because I need to have 3 outputs for each standard (scart, component, svideo and VGA), one for ossc, one for xrgb mini and one for CRTs.
Since I use a lot of scart devices (consoles+retropcs+supergun) I had to switch from a shinybow 6x2 to an hydra 15 plus gscartsw, for the other standards I use siwitches with already multiple outputs.
Anyway when I'll come back from work I'll try a direct connection with each output bypassing every switch or amplifier.
This setup never gave me problems and the behaviour with the 161in1 is different using the sane chain. For that reason according to me is strange that this is a setup issue

Darksoft' said:
Just to make things clear. We need to get confirmation of users here if they have that behaviour.

Tbh I'm 100% sure it's related to your setup as the cart does the same with NeoSD.
That's the reason why I didn't publish the videos on YouTube I don't want to discredit @Darksoft 's multi in any way, I just want to understand what's happening :)

Last edited:
SNK VS Capcom acts the same on my mame setup, the pixellated change of resolution of the bar is in the game

SNK VS Capcom acts the same on my mame setup, the pixellated change of resolution of the bar is in the game
That's the kind of info that I was hoping to read about SVC Chaos, so maybe it's a normal thing..
I've tried with a direct connection with every source (ossc alone, xrgb mini, and CRTs) and same behaviour. I've also tried a different LCD and recording a short video using the X-Capture mini and same behaviour.

The issue with the health bars was NOT an issue whit the multi but a different behaviour between original version and bootleg version.
I've just tried with the last fw version and SNK VS Capcom SVC C Plus (set 1) has the "static" version of the healtbars.

Sorry for the troubles :/

P.S.
I edited the first post to make it more clear

The issue with the health bars was NOT an issue whit the multi but a different behaviour between original version and bootleg version.
I've just tried with the last fw version and SNK VS Capcom SVC C Plus (set 1) has the "static" version of the healtbars.

Sorry for the troubles :/

P.S.
I edited the first post to make it more clear
Nice catch. Interesting that it's different in the boot.

Back