What's new

SelfDeniedHoarderz

Professional
Reaction score
Well i finally got Taito type X I/O Card and I am planning to build a clone based on my old Duo Core Gigabyte Motherboard.
Upon looking at the motherboard, I just could not figure out where each cables from Taito Type X I/O Card should go to.

https://imgur.com/a/GVozNGx

Can you guys please tell me where each cable should go to?

Unfortunately, looks like that mobo is missing the header for the serial port. You can try connecting it to the serial port on the back panel instead.

Then you'll just need to power the board, the 11 pin cable is normally connected to the Front Panel header but you only need to connect the 5V and GND. I used a 4 pin Molex adapter. Sorry I don't have the pinout on hand ATM.

Good luck! :thumbup:

I've attached what should be the manual for the TTX2 motherboard.
The 3 cables connect to COM2, SPDIF and Front Panel connections.
You will need to double check pinout for each, and you may have issues if you don't have a COM port...

(Full manual too large to upload, these are just the connections included. Google G4S306-C)

Attachments

• TTX2_Motherboard.pdf
    289.4 KB · Views: 826
Last edited:
Then you'll just need to power the board, the 11 pin cable is normally connected to the Front Panel header but you only need to connect the 5V and GND. I used a 4 pin Molex adapter. Sorry I don't have the pinout on hand ATM.
can you please share the pin out or the photos of how you power it up using 4pin molex?

No worries. 5V is pin 4, GND is pin 7. I wired them to a Molex connector but there are other ways to power the board.

EDIT: You can double check continuity with the SP485 chip where Pin 8 is 5V & Pin 5 is GND.

LP4POWEXT12.B.jpg

Last edited:
You shouldn't really need to hook the front panel headers unless you want the reset button on the card or the auto-reboot watchdog to function. Just the com port being wired up should suffice.

You shouldn't really need to hook the front panel headers unless you want the reset button on the card or the auto-reboot watchdog to function. Just the com port being wired up should suffice.
no need power for i/o if only hook to com port ? i

no need power for i/o if only hook to com port ? i
I believe that would be all that would be necessary to hook up

Also for certain motherboard that do not have serial port at all. I do wonder if RS232 USB adapter would work?

@modology

How is progress?

I am in a similar situation, working on a TTX2 clone with a TTX I/O card.
Got it to boot, but now at 'Could not open COM port! Error: 2'.
Probably need to check drivers etc, but haven't had time to sit down and work with it.

Make sure your io card is set to com2 otherwise games cannot open it.

Make sure your io card is set to com2 otherwise games cannot open it.
My motherboard only has 1 COM port, but it is configurable.
I have set it to IRQ3 (COM2): 2F8/IRQ3.
I trust that is correct?

Try using a port sniffer like eltima.com/products/serial-port-monitor/ and see if you see any traffic coming across the com port. It should show as "COM2" in device manager as well.
Here's the thing... I am running on Nikos TTX2 Multi, and booting straight into the custom shell.
Guess i'll need to regedit and point back to the explorer shell or boot to windows?

Try using a port sniffer like eltima.com/products/serial-port-monitor/ and see if you see any traffic coming across the com port. It should show as "COM2" in device manager as well.
Here's the thing... I am running on Nikos TTX2 Multi, and booting straight into the custom shell.Guess i'll need to regedit and point back to the explorer shell or boot to windows?
You likely will, I'm assuming the COM settings referenced earlier are the bios settings? It's highly likely since you only have 1 com port that XPe automagically set it to be COM1 in software

So I used Regedit to update HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon -> Shell.

TTX multi: %SystemRoot%\System32\TtxShell.exe

Default: explorer.exe

Still boots to ttxshell.exe

What am I missing?

Still boots to ttxshell.exe

What am I missing?
So I'm looking into this post by @sammargh

1) You need a XP SP3 iso and copy the i386 directory somewhere as you will need it
2) Expand explorer.exe, notepad.exe, shutdown.exe, taskman.exe and any other utilities you think you might want from i386 into c:\windows\system32 on the multi
3) Load the registry hive from the multi into a different computer and change the default shell to be explorer.exe
4) Move the Run Once registry key to launch ttx shell out, create a bat file that runs this program and put it into always run on startup in the registry

This should at least get your X2 to boot to a windows desktop off the multi image while retaining multi functionality. Be aware however that there is no mouse cursor set and a ton of control panel applets missing so you will have to manually expand them. Don't forget to unload the hive from the computer you edit the registry on before removing the drive. Only PS2 keyboards work.
I'll need some help on step 4 for sure... ?(

Back