What's new
@atrfate Thats pretty much what I've done with my clean WinXP SP3 install... is POS 2009 a better starting point with respect to disk protection and power management settings etc? (I was pretty much following your advice here...).

Also I believe Nikos multi was altered to support your frontend out of the box and I am not sure if that extends to changes beyond the \TypeXmulti\ folder on C:/... That was another reason for working backwards to adapt the Multi drive as-is...

Last edited:
@atrfate Thats pretty much what I've done with my clean WinXP SP3 install... is POS 2009 a better starting point with respect to disk protection and power management settings etc? (I was pretty much following your advice here...).
May have answered my own question here... Win XP doesn't seem to include EWF support as is. So there is one minus.
Otherwise I have set up my XPSP3 --> TTX2 Multi just fine and used Instant Sheller to remove everything. Looks great!

On my TTX2 Multi --> Clone HDD I have hit another snag.
Thanks to @samplehunters tip, I just copied cmd.exe where it was accessible and was able to run devmgmt.msc
My COM Port is indeed set to COM1, but I don't seem to be able to change it? Probably given my broken explorer install, but the Com port 'Advanced Settings' tab doesn't do anything...

POS 2009 With the windows addtional software toolkit has ewf installed and can be used.

which plug of the io plugs into the com port? Also, is the connector pin for pin the same?

You have two cables FP1 and RS1.
RS = RS232 = COM2 port. Pluhg that into the COM2 port.
Yes, they are pin for pin.

Nope. FP = Front Panel.
Thats Pwr On, Reset Switch, Pwr LED, HDD Led... standard ATX case fare.

maxresdefault.jpg

Of course your Motherboard may vary. I had no +5V on pin 9 which is why i had the issues I resolved a few posts up.
What motherboard are you connecting to?

So does that pinout match FP1 on the io card? So I connect pin 9 to +5v and ground to pin 4?

iHO5Qmy.jpg

Nope. FP = Front Panel.
Thats Pwr On, Reset Switch, Pwr LED, HDD Led... standard ATX case fare.

maxresdefault.jpg

Of course your Motherboard may vary. I had no +5V on pin 9 which is why i had the issues I resolved a few posts up.
What motherboard are you connecting to?

Last edited:
Hi @Plastic

Yes, the pinout is the same between FP1 and the front panel connector on the motherboard - the 9 pin FP1 cable is just a pass through.

So the green lead you have there... it is connected to Pin 9 on your motherboard?
You will need to check if it is actually supplying power on that pin. My motherboard wasn't...
The blue lead... I don't remember off hand if pin 4 is ground...

Do you have any means to test continuity?

Hi @Plastic

Yes, the pinout is the same between FP1 and the front panel connector on the motherboard - the 9 pin FP1 cable is just a pass through.

So the green lead you have there... it is connected to Pin 9 on your motherboard?
You will need to check if it is actually supplying power on that pin. My motherboard wasn't...
The blue lead... I don't remember off hand if pin 4 is ground...

Do you have any means to test continuity?
I do but it's at my other house. Guess I gotta wait until the weekend.

@Plastic Actually - worked it out... Move your blue lead to pin 5. That is Gnd.

Before you plug your I/O card in, power on the PC and check that you get +5v between your green and blue leads.
If not, you may need to go hunting for another power source. Look for an empty USB header. That will have +5v.

@Plastic Actually - worked it out... Move your blue lead to pin 5. That is Gnd.

Before you plug your I/O card in, power on the PC and check that you get +5v between your green and blue leads.
If not, you may need to go hunting for another power source. Look for an empty USB header. That will have +5v.
I'm just going to use an empty USB header.

That will work. I believe you will see an extra LED light on the TTX3 I/O when power is applied to the JVS portion.
Test and see...

Also you don't need to have the I/O card plugged into the PCI-E slot inorder to verify the JVS portion is working correctly.

So both LEDs are lit up but controls are not registering. I take it that it does not work on non nesicaxlive games?

This is via JVS, right? JVS will work with non NesicaXLive games...

Does the TTX2 Multi / ttxshell give any errors?
Without the PCI-E I/O card attached I get a 'Could not read dips' error message (i.e. No JVS controller detected).
With the PCI-E I/O card properly setup, but no JVS adapter attached to the JVS/USB port I get past the above error and hit 'No I/O card detected' (JVS controller works, but no I/O obviously).

If the controls are not registering... you have a JVS card attached and have booted all the way to the TTX2 Multi interface? But then no input?

I'm using fast io and I'm actually just using bog standard windows 7.

For Fast I/O you will need the iDmac drivers installed... Are you running 32 or 64-bit?

Do you have and unknown device in Device Manager?

Back