What's new

Lemony Vengeance

Champion
Reaction score
just like the title says, I replaced the pots on my pedals with the same values (5K) and they are registering as working in the test screen (I can see the values moving when I press the pedal). but when I test in game, neither the gas nor the brake works. I get the noise in the game like I'm pressing the gas, but it will not push the 18 wheeler forward.

anyone familiar with servicing these naomi universal drivers?

Did you Initiate I/O

You will need to set each value and set/save them in the game. Chances are they just arent set and the brakes are on which is why you can hear the engine but no moving.

Try to set the values and try again. Usually under Volume Settings or Initiate I/O etc.

Did you Initiate I/O

You will need to set each value and set/save them in the game. Chances are they just arent set and the brakes are on which is why you can hear the engine but no moving.

Try to set the values and try again. Usually under Volume Settings or Initiate I/O etc.
I was about to say this. Your gas seems to be working because you can hear the gas sound. You probably have the wires reversed on your brake pot and it thinks you are always pressing brake.

Did you Initiate I/O

This^

I had to do the same thing with Zombie Revenge and other Analog games.

Thanks for the input, fellas!

The volume setting only works for the steering wheel calibration, no other pedal settings were available.

I tested with the brake pedal unplugged and even then, there’s no moving forward :(

does the game-test mode show you the "position" of the gas and brake? it could lend some insight if it's wired backwards or otherwise not being interpreted correctly.

Yes, as @Mitsurugi-w and @twistedsymphony said. Take the 5v wire and the Ground wire on your acceleration pot and switch them around.

Also, its best is you leave your brake pot disconnected so that you can at least see if the truck moves. After that you can try to wire it up ^^

You are close and you will get it here soon

Also, question, why did you replace the pots on the cab again? did the game work or not work before changing out the pots? This may lead to other issues.

Im guessing that it didnt run before and you thought it might be the pots maybe? Just seems a bit rare to change out the pots if it was working right in the first place.

There may be a deeper issue if that is the case. You could also try another game if you have it for example Jambo Safari (usually a cheaper driving game) and test if the car will move then. If not, you probably have a break in a wire somewhere or the I/O isnt functioning properly. Honestly could be a number of things.

Test what you can and go from there

i replaced to pots because I would press the gas down and it would operate properly, but the semi would stop accelerating. I went into the test menu and noticed the values would gradually drop after the gas pedal was lowered all the way. It hasn't done that since the pot was replaced (meaning, the reading doesn't fluctuate when the throttle is opened.

I'll post a video of what's happening once it's done uploading.

here it is

Last edited:
i replaced to pots because I would press the gas down and it would operate properly, but the semi would stop accelerating. I went into the test menu and noticed the values would gradually drop after the gas pedal was lowered all the way. It hasn't done that since the pot was replaced (meaning, the reading doesn't fluctuate when the throttle is opened.

I'll post a video of what's happening once it's done uploading.

[youtube]pdah97ycdia[/youtube]
I see.

Its a bit common for the pots to need adjustment and setting especially when changing out games or replacing the original ones but simply not working is another issue.

Hopefully it gets worked out here

got it working with a little help from a guy on the arcade otaku forums. He basically told me to RTFM, specifically page 46:

Code:
When released (pedal is up), the value has to be 30H or under.
When pressed (pedal is down), the value has to be C0H or over.
I had to remove the bushings from the bolt under the pedals, but it's working properly now :)

Back