What's new

twistedsymphony

Enlightened
Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
Some of you may know me from KLOV and BYOAC. For those who don't know my background I was a Head Moderator on Xbox-Scene back in the day and run a few sites/forums of my own (notably CollectorsEdition.org). My day job is as a software developer, I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Rensselaer and I also worked as an arcade repair tech for a number of years.

I'm really happy to see this site. I like KLOV and I like BYOAC but KLOV is heavily restoration oriented and BYOAC is heavily emulation oriented. I'll be happy to interact and share ideas with people who are interested in hacking/modifying original arcade hardware, a concept that doesn't really fit with either of those sites. :thumbsup:

Some projects I'm working on:
Dance Dance Revolution Extreme running Beware's PC simulation - basically a modified version of StepMania (not just a skin) to look and feel exactly like DDR Extreme. I've already written improved Parallel port light drivers as well as a PAC Drive interface, I just need to develop an interface board to hookup a pac drive to the machine's lights

CyberTrooper Virtual On (Twin Unit) - working on converting it to Model 3 VOOT, need to build conversion harness still trying to source the proper sticks and artwork. Planning on making the harness Model 2 and Model 3 compatible to easily swap boards back and forth.

Lupin the 3rd - The Typing - (in a Typing of the Dead cab) - scanning the art and converting back to Typing of the Dead, looking to get an English version of TOTD playing on it. Throwing a Dreamcast in it to start but seeing if I can swap the English dictionary file from the Dreamcast version and use it in the NAOMI rom (very little success so far but it's mostly over my head at the moment).

Welcome. Would love to follow some of your projects if you open a project thread in another part of the forums! I also would love an English arcade version of TOTD. It's so hard to play the Japanese version unless you have a good grasp of Japanese vocabulary. Plus I might sell more of my DC2Naomi controller adapters! lol

I'll definitely create a thread here for the DDR project as I don't really have a thread for that one anywhere.

I'll probably move the TOTD build thread here from KLOV as it's a much better fit here anyway.

I'll definitely create a thread here for the DDR project as I don't really have a thread for that one anywhere.

I'll probably move the TOTD build thread here from KLOV as it's a much better fit here anyway.
Suh-weet!

Back