What's new

Lord Zarak

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi, I've bought a Darksoft cps2 board. The seller tell me this multigame was created about 1 years 1,5 years ago. I don't know what firmware Is installed. The firmware is not the last. In the 4gb SD card there are many games but not all the games I want to play (like slammaster 2). Yesterday i've tried to put in the SD card the OldCPS2BasePack (I've download only this zip file, not the OldCPS2Add-OnPack) from this forum but the games don't work, a gray\red screen appears after the flashing. Inizialising the sd card again in fat32 and inserting the previous original GAME folder that works.

So my question is, I've a old old firmware so the Pack from this forum don't work?

this is a pic of my Darksoft board

Attachments

• IMG_5656.JPG
    IMG_5656.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 335
yes from another user, he did not know nothing about this

thanks for responding, I will check your link. Thank you very much

the cps2 board is revision 6 and there Is the G Pal, all the jumper are ok as in the legend

Attachments

• IMG_5659.JPG
    IMG_5659.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_5657.JPG
    IMG_5657.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
ok I've read all, but I've don't understood a thing. I can update the firmware simply with minisd card? I've downloaded the flash.img it is needed also the sd_bootloader.bin? I've simply to put them in the sd card? Because this not work, it says ''no sd card''. Or I need to use the PC?

edited

I think my is the first version of the firmware so I've to
1. Use discovery to update bootloader
2. Place update flash on root of sd card
3. Power on kit.

correct?

Last edited:
Yes. You will need a discovery to install the new bootloader. After that you can update the FW from the SD card.

You also have a multi from the first batch and there is a sound fix that you may want to install.

thanks

I've now restored the previous original ''games'' folder but I've only a pink screen. Any ideas?

Make sure the card is formatted before restoring the original games folder. Also make sure everything is pressed together tightly on the pcb.

ok it was a pin of the A board curved

thank you for the support
i will think about to buy a discovery or to pay someone for this upgrade. thanks again

Last edited:
Back