What's new

Sjlewis78

Student
Reaction score
Hi all, I just setup a Taito X2 using Niko's awesome multi, everything is working with the exception of BlazBlue CS2. I get an I/O error when it launches.

I am using a Capcom I/O v2 per the information screen on the main menu. Any tips on this would be appreciated

Attachments

• received_10213950709134142.jpeg
    received_10213950709134142.jpeg
    699.9 KB · Views: 321
  • IO data.png
    IO data.png
    268.5 KB · Views: 708
Last edited:
What type of error do you get?
Can you post a pic of your error screen?

What type of error do you get?
Can you post a pic of your error screen?
Picture is attached, it simply says I/O Error. Not sure if the Capcom I/O doesn't work with this game or if I have something out of place.

Thanks

Ah sorry, missed it while browsing on my phone :)

Maybe @Niko can pitch in here? Don’t have a Capcom IO anymore to test, not sure what CS2 expects from the IO, perhaps double coin meters like KOF:XIII?

I'm willing to bet you have a iDmac PCI-E card in your X2.

CS2 is the only game that naitively supports both FastI/O and JVS. The game determines which I/O to use based on whether or not it detects an iDmac controller card. So if you have a iDmac and your not using FastI/O it throws a I/O error.

You have two options,

1.) Remove the iDmac controller card from the X2.
2.) Rename the iDmacDrv32.sys file in "C:\WIndows\System32\" ( I think, you may need to search for it. ) to something else.

Let me know if you still have problems.

I do have that card in my X2, I'll just take it out and see if that resolves it. Thanks!

You have two options,

2.) Rename the iDmacDrv32.sys file in "C:\WIndows\System32\" ( I think, you may need to search for it. ) to something else.

There is a third option. Stop being a pleb and set up the fast IO complete and use the fast IO to JVS and gets the best of both worlds

You have two options,

There is a third option. Stop being a pleb and set up the fast IO complete and use the fast IO to JVS and gets the best of both worlds
One thing to keep in mind though is that BBCSII will run in 720p if you use Fast IO instead of JVS, @Niko needs to implement this in the next release of the menu to look at the dips and not lock it at 720p.
I came accross this issue when running Fast IO in my NNC with 31kHz CRT, Niko hooked me up with a fix for now :)

You have two options,

There is a fourth option as well. Fast IO complete with Fast IO to JVS through JAMMAFIER into JVS so I can play on my Net City Cabinet :D

Gonna have to hit niko up for that fix whenever I get all the parts in.

Back