What's new

connor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I got a New Astro City and New Net City recently and I believe that the New Net City is missing its IO board and a wiring harness to power the board.

Can anyone confirm what missing wiring is necessary to properly connect a JVS IO board and who can make me said harness?

IMG_20180723_161213.jpg
IMG_20180723_161226.jpg
IMG_20180723_161223.jpg

Remove the monitor bezel, the IO board is located in the space behind the test buttons :)
Is removing a NNC bezel the same or a similar process to a NAC? I'll check it out on my lunch break and see if it is hidden. My IO USB cable is currently connected to nothing at all.

Also are you seeing any missing wiring? I'm not seeing any wires that can be used to power the IO board from the pictures I posted.

On the sides there are some covers you can get off with a small screwdriver, then unscrew the torx bolts.
Also 2 Philips screw below the CP, then take of the full bezel (it might need some wiggling at the top as it ‘slides’ in the fluoresant tube assembly)

Also then you would have access to the power connectors for the IO, 1 4pin with 5v and 1 5pin with 12v.
I’ll see if I can find some pics of my NNC rebuilt, but I doubt it as that was hosted on Photobucket... :(

I own a Net City and can confirm @PascalP is correct.

you cannot see the IO board or any of the associated wires without removing the monitor bezel.

here is a photo:
84505520160821125851.jpg

you can see the metal plate at the bottom is the same metal plate where your monitor controls/test/service buttons and control panel connectors are mounted. You can't see behind that plate (and thus can't see the IO board) without removing the monitor bezel since it covers up everything behind the plate.

I own a Net City and can confirm @PascalP is correct.

you cannot see the IO board or any of the associated wires without removing the monitor bezel.

you can see the metal plate at the bottom is the same metal plate where your monitor controls/test/service buttons and control panel connectors are mounted. You can't see behind that plate (and thus can't see the IO board) without removing the monitor bezel since it covers up everything behind the plate.
Right now I'm seeing that you have more cables connected to those JST connectors than I do, thanks for the picture it is making things far more clear!

Thanks PascalP and twistedsymphony I'll check it out and see what the setup is!

You mean the extra connections under the CP in my pics?
That’s because I have 2L12B panels, your pic looks like you only have 1p connected?

@connor looking at your pic above you should be able to just shine a flashlight in the opening to the left of the monitor adjustment board and see if there's an IO board back there.

the screw covers on the monitor bezel are very brittle and often break when you remove them so it's not worth doing unless you have to.

There's no way to get this USB cable plugged in without removing the monitor bezel is there?

Last edited:
This thing is pretty dirty.

Here's a mystery. I see that there is a usb A and usb B plug connected to the board and see a usb A and B cable down below where the game gets installed.

I tried booting crazy taxi just to see the picture quality (netdimm hasn't arrived yet) but I got "error 01 game is not compatible with main board" which I presume might have to do with differences in IO board between Crazy Taxi and the New Net City.

Where does the usb B connector go? I know the usb A goes into the Naomi but the other one has me clueless.

IMG_20180725_001055.jpg

IMG_20180725_001125.jpg

The other USB is for linking IO boards for multiple caps.

And Crazy Taxi might need a different IO indeed, I think a Type 3 while your cab has a Type 1

Last edited:
That cab was adult owned, in smoke free environment, home use only, with no children or pets or so the ad said :D JK

At least the NNC are super easy to clean once you take them apart. You gonna do a complete teardown and clean up?

That cab was adult owned, in smoke free environment, home use only, with no children or pets or so the ad said :D JK

At least the NNC are super easy to clean once you take them apart. You gonna do a complete teardown and clean up?
My New Astro City was absolutely filthy but it is cleaning up nicely.

Not gonna completely tear it down but I am going to get it cleaned out before I bring it in from the garage.

Back