What's new

archimage

Happy
Grand Master
Reaction score
Hi, this post is intended to discuss generally ideas to protect and make pcbs look good.

First I will begin with my examples, I use boxes and cases for PCBS

These are Raja Boxes, reference BOR45

Found there : Link to Raja store

Here are the pictures

4eHKTQg.jpg
UYej3xw.jpg
gUlE1Cp.jpg

you can order only 20, but you can easily find an arcade buddy who would buy them from you

what i observe on Raja its not partenership with Romania and i don't think i can buy directly ... and also if works works only from 20 pcs up ... maybe will be somebody who wants to split a order for these boxes, will be fine !

I ordered the Midway Y-Unit and T-Unit cases for my Mortal Kombat boards.

I'll likely order the Irem M72 for my R-Type as well... Could you do a Namco System-1 design?
I'd love to get a case on Splatterhouse! :)

I ordered the Midway Y-Unit and T-Unit cases for my Mortal Kombat boards.

I'll likely order the Irem M72 for my R-Type as well... Could you do a Namco System-1 design?
I'd love to get a case on Splatterhouse! :)
I don't have this board but you can check this with Freddy.

There is also an UMK3 Wolf unit case, and Sega System 16

Last edited:
The Wolf case should fit my Rampage World Tour board, but honestly that one doesn't need it.
No funny soundboards or sub PCBs to deal with on that one.

The SEGA System 16 I'm waiting until the multi is finished.
I'm afraid if I buy right now I may have to modify the plexi myself when the multi is finished based on the foot print.
Same story for CPS1 case.

The Wolf case should fit my Rampage World Tour board, but honestly that one doesn't need it.No funny soundboards or sub PCBs to deal with on that one.

I'm afraid if I buy right now I may have to modify the plexi myself when the multi is finished based on the foot print.
the only mod we would need is higher standoffs, no big deal I think.

EDIT : just updated the pictures

Last edited:
The Wolf case should fit my Rampage World Tour board, but honestly that one doesn't need it.No funny soundboards or sub PCBs to deal with on that one.
the only mod we would need is higher standoffs, no big deal I think.
EDIT : just updated the pictures
Can you measure the System16 to JAMMA adapter that you're using? I've got one of JNX's adapters and at a glance it looks shorter than the one you have there, which would be a pain...

Look what just arrived today!
1j3N6HW.jpg

Yup my Midway Y-Unit (MK1) and T-Unit (MK2) plexi cases from Highflow.NL.
I can't wait to get these babies installed (picture update soon/tonight) the workmanship on the plexi's is nothing short of fantastic!

Related to the boxes. I use Raja BOC53 (Irem, CPS2, all the high boards) and BOC52 (everything else, low height PCB). both are long enough to also fit POPs and other longer artwork.
That way I don't waste space for boards that are single PCB.

And highflow.nl is really a great guy. I get all my acryl stuff from him.

qiYE20bh.jpg

They both came out great looking!
Look really good :thumbup:

I finally get my laser cutter next week, so gonna be making custom plexi cases for my boards. I know you were looking for some custom stuff, shoot me a pm sometime next week and we can work out some stuff to make.

I know you were looking for some custom stuff, shoot me a pm sometime next week and we can work out some stuff to make.
I lust for a red tinted, "Splatterhouse" etched plexi case for my Namco System 1!

uyzwcpw.jpg

They both came out great looking!

Only one problem...
I'm missing the volume pot mounting bracket for Y-Unit/MK1, anyone know the exact size/style I need?
How much did those cases cost/where did you get them? They look pretty nice.

Back