Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 - Namco N2 Hardware

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 - Namco N2 Hardware

I have a pair of Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 with Namco N2 Hardware and both boards are un-repairable. I have the cage, Cards, Etc.

I been reading on other sites that the game has been hacked to run on windows with keyboard controls.

My thought is buy two computer boards, video cards, etc. and find some how the software.

I'm in on the right track with this? or is there any other ideas?

thanks,

T
    • TeknoParrot is a pretty awesome little emulator.
      I'm positive it has hooks for breaking out controls as I've emulated Mario Kart GP DX and played it with a Xbox One controller before.
      Also I know there's a Daytona USA 2017 leak that is out there as well.
      Classic Gaming Historian
      Bench : Network build-out, Fight Stick rebuild
      WANT : 16B Multi, MK2 Sound Board, F2 Rom boards, Namco NA PCB
      [astrocity] InstaGram [neogeo] Arcade Projects Photoblog [saturn] VAPS List [nes-101] Tuesday Arcade Twitch Stream!
    • Thought I'd reply to this thread, the game runs off a custom setup based in Linux.
      Can't emulate the game essentially since all you'd be doing is 'emulating' a PC.. similar to VirtualBox.
      The Namco N2 boards themselves are a complicated mess, with tons of encryption on both the hardware and software sides.

What you read upon was most likely how to play WMMT5. How exactly are these boards damaged? My best bet would be to buy more N2's or simply pop in Chihiros with WMMT1/2, card reader/FFB works fine with the Chihiro too.
    • truevidiot wrote:

I have a pair of Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 with Namco N2 Hardware and both boards are un-repairable. I have the cage, Cards, Etc.
      What exactly makes your unit unrepairable? I was able to resurrect my N2 board from the dead. Maybe the community can offer some help figuring out for sure if it is truly a lost cause.

truevidiot wrote:

I been reading on other sites that the game has been hacked to run on windows with keyboard controls.

My thought is buy two computer boards, video cards, etc. and find some how the software.

I'm in on the right track with this? or is there any other ideas?
      like @SuperScore29 mentions, you may be referring to MT5 (Windows). WMMT3 only works on the Namco N2 (Linux).

Indirect experience leads me to agree that this is an obscure hardware setup. This only makes it all the more important to keep alive.