What's new

RealMFnG

Legendary
Reaction score
The 60-in-1 is quite inexpensive, CGA and VGA capable, it is small in size making it portable, can accept external power, and would make for a very accessible project board. It is worthless in the community for collecting and no one would bat an eye if these were repurposed for a different application. Any thoughts on perhaps reprogramming the rom chip on this board with more robust test patterns? CPS2, Midway 90's boards, 240p test suite are all great test patterns. I would love to have a board that has all these test patterns on them. I have a Crafty Mech TPG but I find some of its annoyances limiting, and it's limitations annoying.
  • Has a power indicator LED light!
  • Really, nothing beats the CPS2 for color calibration and TPG has nothing even close to the CPS2's color bars
    • Having a device with a variety of test patterns that everyone has different comforts with would be awesome
  • Audio calibration already available on the 60-in-1
  • Works off external battery, which is good and bad
    • Being able to power off JAMMA edge would come in handy for those times you need to confirm cab health during pickups
    • Can be powered externally so you can use it on a test bench
  • Would not need to reinvent the wheel
Eliminating games entirely on the 60-in-1, replacing them with a gamut of test patternson the 60-in-1 would not be frowned upon. Who can lend their skills to take this on?

Probably less of a headache to create something entirely new as opposed to repurposing a 60in1.

Another simple idea, a test suite such as the 240p rom that's available for consoles, but tailored to arcade setups. Could create a rom and run it from a Raspberry Pi via Pi to jamma adapter.

Probably less of a headache to create something entirely new as opposed to repurposing a 60in1.

Another simple idea, a test suite such as the 240p rom that's available for consoles, but tailored to arcade setups. Could create a rom and run it from a Raspberry Pi via Pi to jamma adapter.
Thing is that the RPi JAMMA adapter is relatively expensive. 60-in-1 is $30. 60-in-1 also has the advanage of having VGA output.

True, plus the Rpi is crippled regarding its low resolution video output, in both resolution and horizontal / vertical frequency.

Has anyone ever reverse engineered a 60in1? I always thought they were pretty tightly locked.

Back