Pinned Irem M72 multi kit installation & support

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• tym01 wrote:

Thats what i thought, thanks...
      so my jumpers are set correctly, i am will reburn the chips and see...

Thanks for your advice!
      When the kit was purchased ? Was before Apocalypse announce the “pound for pound” support ? If so , i think you have the second revision who doesnt support that game . In case u grabbed the kit recently, then yes...you have to use the latest settings instalation of the kit . Also, the Gal must be replaced not on m72 board,Must be installed on the m72 multi board... only Mcu must be replaced on M72 motherboard

did you see my notes ?

Updated last night using my Top3000 programmer, my black V2 kit, to play Pound for Pound with it Thank you Mitsu for GAL & MCU chips“ ...

if yours its “v3 kit” just follow to first post of the theard and the j3 to A on B and use the latest M72 pack...4.1 ! Gal -> m72 multi board / Mcu -> M72 motherboard ^^
      Multi's: CPS2 / Taito F3 / Irem M72
      Superguns : HAS v3.1
      Scalers : OSSC v1.6 / RetroTINK-2X
      Scart switch : Gscartsw V5.2
      JNX: Spitfire
      NAC: Splitfire

My Arcade Stuff

[nes-101] [pce] [genesis] [segacd] [neogeo] [snes] [saturn] [psx] [n64] [gamecube] [dreamcast_ss]

The post was edited 1 time, last by AlxUnderBase ().

• tym01 wrote:

Oh ok i replaced the one on the A board ner the MCU so i should swap this one with the one thats on the multi and replace my original Gal?

That must be my problem! I am gonna give it a try thanks a lot!
      On the original M72 you dont have to touch any Gals . Only chip who must be replaced on the M72 motherboard is MCU . Gal must be placed on the black m72 multi board if your kit is a V2 kit. When your multi kit was purchaased ?

My Arcade Stuff

[nes-101] [pce] [genesis] [segacd] [neogeo] [snes] [saturn] [psx] [n64] [gamecube] [dreamcast_ss]

The post was edited 1 time, last by AlxUnderBase ().

• tym01 wrote:

I purchased the kit recently, tried to restore the original Gal and swap the one on the multi but i get nothing but a blank screen with a few tiles...

Thanks for your help
      It the kit was purchased recently , comes with the newest gal & mcu and the notes are available only for jumper settings (j3- on B) and v4.1 pack M72 roms . Put the gal on M72 black board and the mcu on motherboard . All of these it’s all you must do. Sorry if you didn’t make it working yet ! Lets wait to see what Mitsu and Apocalypse will say about !

My Arcade Stuff

• I have done all this and still have graphic glitches, i restored the pcb to its original state and it is working perfect, i purchased the eprom programmer for this project so it is my first attempt to burn eproms, i maybe have some bad eproms...
      I assume my programmer is working as it should as i can hear perfect music and gameplay.

I am gonna try to program the eproms again just to be sure...

Thanks again for your help it is a very frustrating situation for me
    • tym01 wrote:

I have done all this and still have graphic glitches, i restored the pcb to its original state and it is working perfect, i purchased the eprom programmer for this project so it is my first attempt to burn eproms, i maybe have some bad eproms...
      I assume my programmer is working as it should as i can hear perfect music and gameplay.

I am gonna try to program the eproms again just to be sure...

Thanks again for your help it is a very frustrating situation for me
      I had the same problem with "supposed to be" functionnal eprom programmer, but I had glitch and other problems with my programmer.
      All the problems have been solved once I reprogrammed all the eeprom and put everything toghether.
      So maybe you have faulty eeproms that pass the test when you check them.
    • tym01 wrote:

Ok i will try burning each rom again to see if can get any improvement...

Thanks for your advice i ordered a cheap eprom programmer plus cheap eproms from china so... could be my problem ;)

Thanks for all the help!
      what means "cheap eprom programmer" ? the chips even they comes from china , they are fine ... i didn't have problems with chips purchased from China....(i use them lately, when i update my v2. M72 multi kit) - the first batch of chips for the M72 multi comes with the kit (i put them in eraser and now are ok for use them on another project), but in the meantime i grab some 322's from China and another batch of 322's from here witch i will use them on Sega System 16 B Multi.

My Arcade Stuff

• I had some troubles programming the eproms, i often get errors while programming them... i bought an UV eraser and am able to empty and use some of the ones i thought were unusable, still i verified each one for the multi with the software and compared the files manually ans they looks to be ok, but maybe they arent because of faulty eproms as Yippikaye suggested above...

I am using a Tl 866 mini pro 2 with an extension for the bigger than 512ko eproms so i must program 8 times for one 27c322 :S

I definitely have to try burning them again and test...

Thanks
    • Mitsurugi-w wrote:

The multi kit comes with a gal and mcu that both must be replaced on the motherboard. I think you confused him. If you bought an update mcu and gal then only the kit gal needed to be swapped. But on first multi install the motherboard gal must be swapped as You told me i should be OK with 4.1 should i try to burn the older 3.2 set ?

The post was edited 1 time, last by tym01 ().

• tym01 wrote:

As mentionend in the installation instructions latest pack are sent with the new gal and mcu included, i ordered it recently so 4.2 should be fine and no Gal replacement on the top M72 board.

Sorry i am getting a bit confused :cursing:
      no confusion here sir . simple steps you must follow witch i think you followed already. You told me you've puchased recently (if recently means after 24 September 2019, yes , do you have the latest M72 Multi Kit) .
      In this case you must do :
      -MCU replacement on the M72 motherboard
      -GAL replacement on the M72 motherboard
      -write with your programmer -> v.4.1 from here
      -move the J3 to B position

Cheers :thumbup:

My Arcade Stuff

• tym01 wrote:

I am using a Tl 866 mini pro 2 with an extension for the bigger than 512ko eproms so i must program 8 times for one 27c322 :S
      People often get lost while changing the bank to be written with the TL866.
      To me the EPROMs are incorrectly burnt.
      Looking for:
      - Champion Wrestler (Taito)

"I'd 1cc games but I have a real life."
      01010011 01000101 01000011 01010010 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001101 01000101 01001110 01010101 00100000 01000111 01010101 01011001
    • Apocalypse wrote:

tym01 wrote:

People often get lost while changing the bank to be written with the TL866.To me the EPROMs are incorrectly burnt.
      I think your diagnostic was right, i rechecked the instructions for the mini pro but they were contradictory: 2 way of setting the banks dip switches on the same page... so i asked the seller. He confirmed what i thought i potentially burned 5-6-7-8-1-2-3-4 on the chips, this could explain the graphics mismatching and the games not on the same dip bank than your dip list on the multi M72.

I am gonna give it a try!

Thanks a lot!