What's new
E

Euphoria

Hi :

Any idea if these come up very often? Any trouble getting one running ie any quirks with wiring power issues or monitor issues?
I was looking to find a sega model 2b in chassis.

Regards
:) Euphoria

I don't see these too often.

as for quirks being Model 2 though, keep in mind that it's Medium Resolution only, and these boards use a lot more juice than most normal JAMMA PSUs can supply, running that power through a JAMMA edge is kind of sketchy too, so it's generally recommended to not run power over JAMMA.

If you've got a Blast City with the Model 2/3 sub harness you're golden. just about anything else you'll be doing a lot of custom harness building. I've got pinouts here if you need them: Sega Model 2 and Model 3 Filter Board Pinouts

Hi :

Thankyou and shirt. Minus the rrrrrr lol.

Regards
Euphoria

I don't think there's an official Model 2 harness for the Blast City.

I run my Model 2 boards with a jamma fingerboard harness. Admittedly, there's a quite a large voltage drop at the jamma connector, but it works.

I don't think there's an official Model 2 harness for the Blast City
Model 3 harness is nearly identical. IIRC the only difference is that model 3 has a large power connector with both 3.3V and 5V and Model 2 instead has 2 smaller 5V power connectors.

would be very easy to modify a Model 3 harness for Model 2 use, though I wouldn't be surprised if Sega included both sets of power connectors as it would have been very easy for them to do so.

Back