What's new

gpbear4

Student
Reaction score
does anyone know if naomi cabinets can lay on any side horizontally? i need to move a naomi cabinet about 100 miles and i wanna figure out what options i have. if if the cabinet must be standing up i could get a uhaul trailer and tie it down. sorry if this was the wrong place for this kind of question.

@PascalP transported his NNC flat on its back in the back of a SUV, had no problems...
I've heard of people doing that, but I find that to be INCREDIBLY risky... you're basically putting 50% of the weight on the plastic shroud that's little more than dust cover for the monitor, and if that breaks you're going to neck the tube.

These cabs are designed to be transported upright, but if that's not an option IMO it's much safer to transport on it's side, just make sure you cover it in cardboard to keep it from getting scratched up.

I think it was on its back but not sure anymore, but have you ever handled a NNC monitor cover @twistedsymphony?

Very thick and sturdy construction, nothing will ever happen to that, the plastic is very heavy and very thick, a lot more than a dust cover ;)
Also behind the plastic there is the steel frame on the monitor, so no way the neck can hit something when it is flat down.

Damn, so my memory didn't leave me hanging after all I guess haha. I also remember making a nice scratch on the bumper of the Mercedes ML we took from your parents :D

but have you ever handled a NNC monitor cover @twistedsymphony?
yes, I own one, but I've also seen them cracked up, and while the frame on the monitor does reach behind the neck, the metal is also flimsy enough that the weight of the monitor plus the force of going over a bump would be enough to bend the frame and crack the neck.

despite the fact that it would "probably be fine" I don't know why you'd even take that risk.

so if i were to put it in the trunk of a car, how should i lift it into there? the cabs are like 250 lbs right?

1443661975-0.jpg

Put it in its side. I’ve moved mine a few times for conventions and never had an issue with transporting on its side.

Put a blanket on it, tilt it and push. It’s hella ackward to push it in on its side, so it’s a 2-3 man job.

a friend of mine told me its a pain to remove the monitor
no more so than any other cabinet.

actually if you're willing to take the back shroud off you can have a 3rd person back there help which makes it quite a bit easier. (this is also what's recommended in the manual)

It's not that hard to remove. Four nuts, then lift off. Pretty sure you have to remove the rear cover to unplug a thing or two, but that's not any more difficult.

It's 70ish pounds. I can do it solo and I'm not a big guy by any means. Just pull it off enough to set it down on the control panel, then get a better grip and off and away.

Back