What's new
It's not that hard to remove. Four nuts, then lift off. Pretty sure you have to remove the rear cover to unplug a thing or two, but that's not any more difficult.

It's 70ish pounds. I can do it solo and I'm not a big guy by any means. Just pull it off enough to set it down on the control panel, then get a better grip and off and away.
what tools would i need access the monitor and then remove it?

It's not that hard to remove. Four nuts, then lift off. Pretty sure you have to remove the rear cover to unplug a thing or two, but that's not any more difficult.

It's 70ish pounds. I can do it solo and I'm not a big guy by any means. Just pull it off enough to set it down on the control panel, then get a better grip and off and away.
The shroud is the big black/dark gray thing that covers the rear of the monitor.

You'd need either 10 or 12mm socket, and a set of security torx bits and a screwdriver. If you don't have a set of security torx bits, Ace hardware carries them for about $12 if you're in the US.

The shroud is the big black/dark gray thing that covers the rear of the monitor.
You'd need either 10 or 12mm socket, and a set of security torx bits and a screwdriver. If you don't have a set of security torx bits, Ace hardware carries them for about $12 if you're in the US.
would it be possible to remove the whole control box too? in the user manual it looks like you can (not just the control panel part)

Attachments

• D553E5E5-D3A3-416C-A766-1C0B0CB073ED.jpeg
    D553E5E5-D3A3-416C-A766-1C0B0CB073ED.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 45
You can remove the whole control box, but that is a lot off work and you need to partially remove the harness

You can remove the whole control box, but that is a lot off work and you need to partially remove the harness
It's just four bolts that hold the control box on. All of the cables are easily disconnected. Four ground wires are held on with screws. What do you mean you need to partially remove the harness?

Sorry, mean disconnect, not remove ;)

The main harness runs up through the left leg, so to remove the control box you would at least have to disconnect the harness.
This would also require to remove the monitor bezel to get access to everything.

Sorry, mean disconnect, not remove ;)

The main harness runs up through the left leg, so to remove the control box you would at least have to disconnect the harness.
This would also require to remove the monitor bezel to get access to everything.
is removing the bezel difficult?

could anyone confirm which measurements these are? like front to back and side to side. idk which sides these refer to.

Attachments

• 92580BA5-D64C-48FD-A6BA-93F3119AD7F4.png
    92580BA5-D64C-48FD-A6BA-93F3119AD7F4.png
    217.6 KB · Views: 46
Width = side to side
Length = front to back

And removing the bezel is not very difficult, pop off the covers for the screws, unscrew the security torx bolts and 2 Philips screws under the CP.
Then gently ‘wiggle’ it out, as it might be stuck below around the marquee light.

It's not difficult to dismantle, but it can be a little daunting at first. Just make sure you have the proper tools/hardware to do so, so you don't strip the hardware.

Do yourself a favour and replace all of the hardware with new stuff that doesn't use the weird Torx security standard. I have a very similar Naomi upright that I chopped and removed the coin box from to create a sit-down cab.

Before
efd9b65019cfcb819165f88ae969afb4f4c2d535_1_375x500.JPG

After

ee70e0058ea4d81db10505fd3489cadec884447b.JPG

Not to hijack this thread, but can anyone tell me if it is possible to put the leg covers back on without sliding them on from overtop? (I'm dealing with very low basement ceilings...)

Very thick and sturdy construction, nothing will ever happen to that, the plastic is very heavy and very thick, a lot more than a dust cover ;)
Maybe I should send a picture of the big crack in mine? =]

Attachments

• d0tslash_2018-Aug-07.jpg
    d0tslash_2018-Aug-07.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 51
a friend of mine told me its a pain to remove the monitor
it absolutely is not. A wee heavy for one man, but not at all. Let me write up a thread on moving my 18 wheeler cab down 12 flights of stairs, I took pics of the whole tear down, etc. Gimme a few.

is a key needed to open the control box for replacing the buttons and stuff?

Back