What's new

Psyko-M1

Champion
Reaction score
Ahoy Arcade-Projects forum.
I'm super late to submit my introduction.

Essentially I'm your typical 40 year young gamer with expendable income, and never really grew up because I'm a Toys R' Us kid.
My arcade obsession started with a NeoGeo MVS, and it all went down hill from there a couple months ago.
I used to be big into emulation, and I've found it exhausting and unfulfilling, so I moved on to JAMMA.

After my first NeoGeo rebuild/restoration, I fell in love with the fragile CPS-III because I wanted Third Strike in it's majestic glory.
Because of Arcade hardware, I'm finding way more satisfaction in the effort it takes to understand and wake up the variations of equipment in the wild.
Sure, I could stick to console ports and emulation but, once I got a taste of arcade "feeling" you almost want to never want to go back.
Now my stupid ass is buying a complete Naomi Netboot kit because of this place. THANKS!

Anywho, I'm just dropping a simple HELLO and THANK YOU to every single person that pointed me in the right direction.
Nobody here has steered me wrong, and there's a wealth of useful links and DIY documentation.
No other forum I've come across does what this place does well.
Cheers!!!

Welcome!

In Chicago you're in a great spot for arcade hardware and cabinets and you've got Galloping Ghost not too far in Brookfield (I had the pleasure of visiting a few years ago)

The rabbit hole runs deep in this hobby but that's what we're here for :D

Welcome!

In Chicago you're in a great spot for arcade hardware and cabinets and you've got Galloping Ghost not too far in Brookfield (I had the pleasure of visiting a few years ago)

The rabbit hole runs deep in this hobby but that's what we're here for :D
Galloping Ghost I know it VERY VERY well. I go to their regular swap meets, and tune into their mystery Monday.
To my knowledge they are getting ready to expand to a whole new wing with near 200 MORE arcade games.
Looks like i'll be coming back there in August when apparently it opens.
The one thing that I've found a bit more interesting is that I've been using that arcade as research to see how things are assembled.
It's nice to see a working product on a show floor in it's glory so you can replicate the experience at home.
Awesome place.

Back