What's new
I'm working on System 246 covers for PS2 games case.

Did somebody knows what is the font use for the title of the games on the side of the covers ?

If somebody can tell me which font this is and if you got a link to download it that would be very helpful

Here is what I talking about:
I'm searching for the font used to wrote CAPCOM FIGHTING JAM
Capcom Fighting Jam PS2.jpg

Thanks Drey ;)

I'm gonna take a look at it.

If somebody know some websites with good quality scan for PS2 covers it could be very useful.

Unfortunately I often found low quality scans :(

EDIT: It's possible to identify a font with a simple picture on some websites.
This font is very similar to "Adora Normal PRO Black" but this is not free to use it...

Last edited:
Thanks Sjlewis78, I've already found this site but unfortunaltely a lot of games are missing, especially the games only edited in Japan versions like Kinnikuman Muscle Grand Prix 1 and 2. For these ones I used google image and another site.

I only found low quality scans for some games but I guess it's ok I'll try to do something with it.
This is only the second time in my life I used photoshop but I will upload what I did even if it's not as clean as I wish

This site also got a lot of PS2 games covers : http://www.cdcovers.cc/list/ps2/a

Last edited:
I had done muscle covers too, and recall running I to the same issue of no quality source art.

Here are the first versions I made for Kinnikuman MGP 1 and 2.
I save the files in JPG to upload it easily, the real files are in better quality.

About the title wrote in japanese I did it because I'm still searching for a font similar to the original one. As soon as I found it I will certainly made another version with the title in US.

I try to inprove the quality by changing many setting, that's not perfect but that's not so bad.
For me this is OK with such low quality scans I found on the net

Clic on the pictures below to see it in real size and when it's open clic again on it to see it in better quality, that's how the website I upload the files is working (clic again where this is wrote "Afficher en haute defintion" )

Kinnikuman_Muscle_Gand_Prix.jpg

Kinnikuman_Muscle_Gand_Prix_2.jpg

OK to get the quality up to printing they probably need to be around 300 pixels. It's going to make the file larger but it will be more detailed.

Honestly I don't search for something perfect, if the result is cool and acceptable that's enough for me but if you can do something shoot me a PM Drey ;)
Like that this is ok for me, I will print it with my usual printer and check the result.

You talk about the originale files found on the web or you talk about the covers I made?

I will upload the final files in PDF versions so everybody can print it easily and the quality will be the same as the photoshop files

Does anyone take commissions for these? I'm looking to get some done for the following games that weren't already mentioned:

Mobile Suit Z Gundam: AEUG vs Titans
Mobile Suit Z Gundam: AEUG vs Titans DX
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny: Earth Alliance vs ZAFT
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny: Earth Alliance vs ZAFT II
Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam

Mobile Suit Z Gundam: AEUG vs Titans
Mobile Suit Z Gundam: AEUG vs Titans DX
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny: Earth Alliance vs ZAFT
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny: Earth Alliance vs ZAFT II
Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam
does anyone have these covers please 🙏🏻

does anyone have these covers please
Just made this so feel free to use it, but I haven’t printed it yet so I’m not sure if it’ll turn out good or not. I upload in JPEG because I don’t know how to upload the original, forgive me.

Attachments

• ACD0B04D-06EE-4B46-AD8B-1D38FAE26A7B.jpeg
    ACD0B04D-06EE-4B46-AD8B-1D38FAE26A7B.jpeg
    299 KB · Views: 82
Something to keep in mind, (I'm working with some templates, and if I make something I'll post it here) but you can significantly up res things with Gigapixel AI, I'm not going to link it as it's not free, and I don't endorse / sell anything.
As a matter of fact, if you want to PM me the image, and what resolution you want it, I'll do my best to turn it around for you using Gigapixel. But if you want to do it yourself it's worth a look.

So I made a new Photoshop Template, as the one I found was not "Normal" for US Clam-shells.. or when I printed it, it didn't fit... I'll be refining this, I hope to put this someplace where it can be found/downloaded.. I have plans to keep adding to the layers so you can just enable/disable the individual images... and then print.. you do need the namco font, if you want to change the color, as I did with the system246, as I agree with another poster it looks better in white...
1690415654801.png

If you need this as a PDF or something else, because you don't pay for Photoshop, I get it, let me know what you need / how you need it, and I'll try to accommodate... PM Me.

Last edited:
Back