What's new
You can easily make the loader sciptaptable
so its the only thing running such as

Game.exe

iniread , name of ini for game.to load

the have it take that then run then open jvsemu for your controls and run mame.exe with that game
having mame.exe at a cerntrel location can easily by done by setting working dir

Rought Esimate, for all neo geo all cps games and all artwork for my menu should only be ~20gb or so
Yup. The only reason why I chose to do it the way I did is because I did not want a MAME folder in the game directory. I only wanted the games listed. each one of the games is standalone and self dependent and does not rely on another folder to run. The downside is that is makes it larger.

Sj on the other hand went the route of using less space with the ROM files all in a central location and using one instance of MAME, but he has a MAME folder in his game directory.

At this point its a matter of personal choice and options. If you have the room and are OCD about your game directory then my method works .. if you are tight for room and know better than to click on the MAME folder then Sj's method is good.

So yes could I shrink my Neo Geo pack down .. yes .. am I going to .. nope.

I dont really understand what you mean mame folder in your game directory, The layout would be as follows least the way id do it for everything

"Games Drive"
new folder
"Emulation"
Inside here, You populate it with all your emulators, such as Mame, Dolphin, NullDC, Demul Ect whatever you want

for running specially in nikos menu, and not my own, you would need in the games Dir

Games
"name of mame game folder"
--with the file loader.txt and game.exe that will load the emulator, jvs emu and whatever

So by doing it like that
You can copy every mame rom in 1 go,
then make a single folder called mame
to load directly into mame if you want,
however even with all mame roms inside the emulation folder above

You only have to display the games you have setup
Metal Slug
----> loader.txt (basicly just says romtoload=mslug emutoload=D:\emulation\mame\mame.exe

Then if you want to add say PSX games, or a dreamcast game,
All you would have to do is

Jet Grind Raido <- folder name
------>Loader.txt romtoload Jetgrind.iso Emutoload =D:\emulation\nullldc\nulldc.exe

Then of course You can then copy this exact stucture to work with AM, or you can build a romlist, and have AM load these emus directly vs using a scirpt that also works

but in the end i dont think its a qusetion of space, Doing it like this makes adding and removing games form nikos menu just editing a single line inside a .txt or ini file
So it saves space, and time

So instead of a MAME folder the trade off would be an Emulation folder .. which would still show up in the menu. Still not cool with me .. maybe with others.

If you are talking about loading it off of any drive but the game drive (E:) then it will not work as either the settings will not save or load or/ and the CJVS will not kick in and you won't have any controls. Or at least I could not get it to work from there. However everything seems to load fine off the game directory drive (E:) .

I am fine with eating up hard drive space .. if I run out I will just buy a larger hard drive. Not that big of deal to me and it runs how I want.

So instead of a MAME folder the trade off would be an Emulation folder .. which would still show up in the menu. Still not cool with me .. maybe with others.

If you are talking about loading it off of any drive but the game drive (E:) then it will not work as either the settings will not save or load or/ and the CJVS will not kick in and you won't have any controls. Or at least I could not get it to work from there. However everything seems to load fine off the game directory drive (E:) .

I am fine with eating up hard drive space .. if I run out I will just buy a larger hard drive. Not that big of deal to me and it runs how I want.
No you dont specially have to have it there, You can put it in the save data area, and have things also work you can completely hide it, theres other writeable partitions other then games you could use
Ergo you can set the emulators up on that area, exaclty how i did for frontend, the ONLY reason frontend appears is beacuse i also added my loader for it in the games area, and in my above example only your games would be shown beacuse there the only things with

name of folder
----->loader.txt ect

Oh cool thanks for posting! I had mostly finished a MAME setup sometime around the beginning of the year, but totally dropped the project. I'll definitely be checking this out!

A quick question.
Thank you for the sharing. It works on my multi.
But has anyone tried CAVE CV1000 system games on this MAME ?
I've tried Mushihime-sama Futari, ESPGALUDA2, DODONPACHI DAIFUKKATSU, etc on this MAME. The control works in MAME menu, but it does not work in game.
No button gives a response in these CAVE games.
Does this version of MAME support CAVE CV1000 games ? ?(

A quick question.
I've tried Mushihime-sama Futari, ESPGALUDA2, DODONPACHI DAIFUKKATSU, etc on this MAME. The control works in MAME menu, but it does not work in game.
Yep they all work @Sjlewis78 and myself verified all the Cave games work. I personally have them all on my set up.

I think the real question is do they run 100%. Last I tried them on a TypeX2, when I was setting up a build of MAME, they did not run smooth at all

I think the real question is do they run 100%. Last I tried them on a TypeX2, when I was setting up a build of MAME, they did not run smooth at all
They play well on my machine but I upgraded the RAM and CPU on mine. I would say most of the Cave games run around 98% or so. Sometimes there's a little hick-up when the screen is completely full of stuff.

Now there are for sure limitations to running MAME (v .200) on a machine that is essentially an old Windows XP machine. For example 3D fighting games like Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag Tourny have BAD frame rate issues and are for sure not playable.

What did you upgrade? Don't remember if it was listed somewhere, but I think I saw someone mention something of the best processor that fits these. I'd probably upgrade one or two of mine, just got a stock of them to get things set up.

I have it setup with atrfate's sega menu. Works great most of the time. I do get crashes when exiting a game here and there. I upgraded mine to an X6800 CPU and 4GB of ram.

A quick question.
Playing Cave games was one of our primary goals, like @Dreygor said we tested the cave library on this, but there are variations of X2 with different hardware.

Different hardware, really wouldn't explain your control issue. The cjvs.exe is set to the mame default keys, have you tried looking at the mapping of the buttons in MAME? I beleive that we set the TAB key as Start + Button 2 to enter the mame menu in a game where you can check how the buttons are mapped.

A quick question.
Playing Cave games was one of our primary goals, like @Dreygor said we tested the cave library on this, but there are variations of X2 with different hardware.
Different hardware, really wouldn't explain your control issue. The cjvs.exe is set to the mame default keys, have you tried looking at the mapping of the buttons in MAME? I beleive that we set the TAB key as Start + Button 2 to enter the mame menu in a game where you can check how the buttons are mapped.
Thank you for your reply!
I tried some CPS1 CPS2 CPS3 games in this MAME. They all worked well . I checked the key settings, no problem. The Start+B2 combination works in game.
Only when running CAVE CV1000 ROMs all the keys fail.The Start+B2 combination didn't work either. It's wired.
My I/O board is a SEGA 837-13551-92 one. It works for all known TTX2 multi games.
Not sure if my CAVE roms have some problem.
There is one thing i want to make clear. Do i need copy any file or folder from MAME to Drive C: or D:?
Thanks! ^^

No, you don't need anything in C or D.

Do you have the Cave games in the same MAME/roms directory as the other ones you tried? Or did you install them into separate instance of MAME? The rom itself shouldn't make a difference when it comes to controls, other than MAMEs internal per game button mapping, but that wouldn't effect the UI controls like tab.

I’ve upgraded my TTX to a X6800 and 4Gb of memory and the only Cave game I ran into problems running is Muchi Muchi Pork, which is notoriously difficult to emulate without it stuttering.

On the plus side, Twinkle Star Sprite ran great! It performs the exact same as my MVS copy, frame drops and all! :D

No, you don't need anything in C or D.

Do you have the Cave games in the same MAME/roms directory as the other ones you tried? Or did you install them into separate instance of MAME? The rom itself shouldn't make a difference when it comes to controls, other than MAMEs internal per game button mapping, but that wouldn't effect the UI controls like tab.
ROMs are placed in the same directory as the other games.
I've tried both methods for CAVE games.In the MAME UI, the Tab menu works. But after the CAVE game is loaded , all buttons give no response.
For the separate instance method, the game is just loaded and plays the demo,Tab menu does not work.Neither do the other buttons.
Anyway, i will try to recopy the MAME and have another try tonight. Thanks for your prompt reply.

So I finally solved this problem. It's a JVS I/O board compatibility issue.
The Sega 837-13551-92 I/O board seems does not work in all CV1000 games.
I changed another type of I/O board , everything works now.
Really enjoy CAVE games on TTX2 multi.
Thanks guys! :thumbup:

So I finally solved this problem. It's a JVS I/O board compatibility issue.
The Sega 837-13551-92 I/O board seems does not work in all CV1000 games.
I changed another type of I/O board , everything works now.
Really enjoy CAVE games on TTX2 multi.
Thanks guys! :thumbup:
This is so strange since Mame uses cjvs to convert JVS inputs into keyboard presses. I would have assumed that if there is an issue with the I/O, you would have the problem for all mame emulated games.

The only thing I can think of is that mame is crashing the CJVS when emulating CV1000 with that specific I/O. But thanks for the update, that’s very interesting.

Dreygor and I have Capcom IOs and didn't see anything like that, but yeah I agree with landstander, I would have thought the same thing. I am not sure why it would not work for a specific mame rom with a specific IO board.

Back