What's new
Guy's, I am running this on a Viewlix in vertical mode. the mame is coming up horizontal, which I can live with, but all the vertical games are also coming up horizontal when they should be vertical. I see some settings at the bottom of the screen- Configure options/machine, plugins, and exit. Is this where this could be changed, and if so how do I access this area - I seem to be only able to select/play games and looks like select screenshot type images. . . .

There are options in the Mame.ini file that you can turn on, depending on what you want to do. The default is horizontal mode without any rotation. I am pretty sure the MAME menu can be put into vertical mode, as well as the games always being vertical, or using the autorotate option where vertical games will display vertically and horizontal games horizontally. If you want everything to always to be vertical, I can look up which options to change for you.

Thanks for the reply- yes, I plan to leave the screen in vertical orientation and just have vertical games on the mame multi, so however you can help to make that work for me. .

In the Mame.ini file, the Core Rotation Options section has the setting to make it vertical. Depending on how the monitor is oriented you change the value of either ROR (rotate right) or ROL (rotate left) from 0 to 1.

my Taito x2 does not find the mame usb stick when i put it in.is there something i need to change on the system?

thanks

I've never tested it or set it up using USB. Everything is designed to be installed on the multi hard drive

hello.

oh I thought it would work like that. a friend runs mame on his x1 off the stick.

but hir stick does also not work here with my x2.

so you did ad the mame files to the multi image...like inserting them?

thank you.

I would recommend reviewing the readme file again which contains the instructions. It tells you what you need to download and where to put them.

tenor.gif

I would recommend reviewing the readme file again which contains the instructions. It tells you what you need to download and where to put them.
thank you guys. did that several times. these questions still remained.

so I thought ... but looks like not.. thanks

Are you using Niko's Multi on your X2?

It's specifically designed to be put in locations based on that. Not USB

Are you using Niko's Multi on your X2?

It's specifically designed to be put in locations based on that. Not USB
yes I have niko`s
since it also says that usb support is there in the image of niko...and the other multi for x1 of my friend was able to boot mame from usb...I assumed it should be possible here too.

I will try to find a way to connect the hdd to my computer and perhaps it is possible to add the mame files there...also assumed that it would not be easy since the NIKO system is a image...so normally images are kind of kloned on a device and not that easy to modify.
if somebody is perhaps able to share a image including a working full mame setup...would be great

thanks

The Niko multis hard drive will be readible in your computer. It will see different drive letters and directories for the directories described in the read me.

Sometimes you will need to go into computer management and assign drive letters to the drive to make it show up. It's random depending on what kind of drive you are using.

Can someone describe how to install this to the existing multi? is there something im missing? Do I need to put this in another PC and just copy the folders over?

Plug your hard drive I to the PC and copy files over. The readme explains where to put the directories

So Nikos front end will automatically see the games? Sorry for the questions i hope im not over estimating this.

Do you have the source for the cjvs you built btw, or did anything special to it? I'd like to change it to exit game when you hold P1 1 and P1 Start for 3 seconds instead of instantly.

So Nikos front end will automatically see the games? Sorry for the questions i hope im not over estimating this.
The files and instructions give you 2 options. Games can be itemized in Niko's menu or you can set it up with just Mame on Niko's menu.

Back