What's new

beast1x5

Professional
Reaction score
I currently have a Japanese battle Garegga PCB and it's audio works fine however some of the audio seems out of place primarily the music. everything else works fine. Would anyone happen to have a fix for this? as well as a location of where to get the files for the zakk roms or possibly the 2016 roms to be able to get the rank reset fix? thanks in advance

Are they the original ROMs? You may need to dump and verify they're all correct, if one has been replaced at some point check the speed it may not be fast enough

Where can one go for the original roms including sound etc? Would love to get my board running properly

zakk roms
http://bigcore.rsdio.com/zakk/stuff/garegga-patches/bgaregga-patches2016.zip

Copied from Zakk's post

REV2016
  • Mahou characters always unlocked
  • Rank reset to power-on value on every credit
  • Press start to select ABC ship type
  • Press Start+ABC in-game to fast reset. P1 and P2 side both work, even if that player isn't active in the game
  • ROM check skipped by default, hold start to access. Using start to begin the game from the test menu also shows rom check

Patches are for this set of roms

bgaregga Battle Garegga (Europe / USA / Japan / Asia) (Sat Feb 3 1996)

You get these from mame

Last edited:
You patch the 2 PRG roms, Also burn the sound rom since you seem to have issues. You could also be having issues with the Z80 which is the sound cpu I believe or something thereabouts.
Garegga3.jpg

Last edited:
definitely gonna have my boy take a look at the board and program the zakk update and hopefully get the sound issue worked out

Back