What's new

Geddon

Professional
Reaction score
Working on bringing my brothers Neo Geo back to life. He bought a Neo sd a while back. I know, it’s a shame he didn’t even know about the Darksoft cart, but it seems to work well enough in a mv-1c I recently got and modded for stereo rca jacks and unibios.

He had an original really old 1 slot that just refuses to work with the Neo sd. Games bomb or don’t even load. It works fine with real carts. He also has some flaky multislot boards. Anyway I figure not much is lost going to the Mv-1c. I don’t see any way to connect the memory card readers or the coin count leds, but I don’t think he cares about those things and just wants a functioning cab with all the games.

To get stereo out of the thing you have to mod for line out, so my plan is stick a little car audio amp in the cab and wire that to the speakers so he has stereo sound and a decent volume knob. Other issue is coining up and my plan there is to wire coin 1 to the game select button. I can’t think of why he would need that button with a 1 slot installed.

Ok so I think all of that is fine. I’m also considering tossing in Sanwa parts. I think he prefers that to the happ stuff, I certainly do. For the buttons I think I just need to slightly increase the size of the holes. For the joystick I found this adapter plate I think will work. I want to install JLF-TP-8YT.

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/home.../1175_universal-arcade-joystick-adapter-plate

Of course his marquee lights don’t work so plan there I think is just remove those and put a light behind 4 mini marquees.

It all kind of feels hack jobish to me but a lot cheaper and less hassle than finding a 4 slot that works and is fine with the Neo sd and getting replacements for the marquee light plates. I’ve seen someone has a led kit now though. The monitor on the cab is in great shape so nice controls and good sound and all the games is really top priority. I plan on leaving all that extra harness in there so a proper restore could be done someday.

Just wondering if anyone has general opinion and I can document how all this turns out and give some feedback using this adapter plate on a us mvs cab.

Back