CPS3 Erro CODE 23 and 33

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CPS3 Erro CODE 23 and 33

New

Hi guys
      I helped a friend of mine convert a CPS3 cart to DARKSOFT SUPERBIOS. The cart works properly on my board but not good on his board.
      The game loading process stops around 5% and shows Error 23or Error 33 for different games. He has the original SF3.3 cart and disc,there is no problem when loading the original disc with the original cart.
      I asked him to swap the SIMMs,but it didn't solve the problem.
      I am asking him to send back the cart to have a check.
      Does anyone know what the exact meaning of Error code 23 and 33?
      Thanks.
    • New

It means you're having an error with the SIMM in slot 3.... Clean the slot and the pins on your SIMMS and see if that helps. I have a CPS3 motherboard that gives a similar issue at 85% with the same error. Unfortunately in my case it was the motherboard itself.

Interesting that you said it works fine with the original SF3.3 cart and disc. Could be the converted cart has a dirty connector? Would be worth cleaning the cart connector and seeing if that helps.
    • New

Mitsurugi-w wrote:

Also you need to load games from the SuperBIOS CD. SuperBIOS cannot play data from the original CDs. This shouldn't cause the loading issue though.
      Yes. The ERROR came when loading the game from SUPERBIOS CD. The SUPERBIOS cart and CD works well on my board.
      But my friend proved his board ,SIMMs and CDROM drive are good with the original game.
      I think that's wired. I asked him to send back and have a double check on my board. ?(
    • New

KoshiroKazuma wrote:

Mitsurugi-w wrote:

Also you need to load games from the SuperBIOS CD. SuperBIOS cannot play data from the original CDs. This shouldn't cause the loading issue though.
      Yes. The ERROR came when loading the game from SUPERBIOS CD. The SUPERBIOS cart and CD works well on my board.But my friend proved his board ,SIMMs and CDROM drive are good with the original game.
      I think that's wired. I asked him to send back and have a double check on my board. ?(
      I'm confident that the problem comes from the SIMMs.
      * Arcade-projects, the site where you get the most of your arcade games.
      * If you want Drama go to Neo-Geo forum ---Darksoft