What's new

zero238

Grand Master
Reaction score
Was meaning to put this up for a while, but didn't get around to doing so. So, I bought a dead X-men vs SF and it came with a little nasty defect on it. Was going to use it for the multi kit, but I don't know if it will be possible to save the board itself.

Pics of the damage

Still new to this stuff so If anyone can fix or better yet, can tell me what to do to repair it will be appreciated.

Was meaning to put this up for a while, but didn't get around to doing so. So, I bought a dead X-men vs SF and it came with a little nasty defect on it. Was going to use it for the multi kit, but I don't know if it will be possible to save the board itself.

Pics of the damage

Still new to this stuff so If anyone can fix or better yet, can tell me what to do to repair it will be appreciated.
OMG That looks terrible. I'm afraid that many tracks have been damage and repairing that PCB although doable will need LOTS of hours. Maybe try cleaning that acid damage with some PCB Cleaning product and then after removing that see how many tracks are actually broken...My advice is to look for a new one. That looks pretty bad.

Yeah. Seriously not worth the effort. Just find another one. You could sell the case for a few bucks probably and pull the eproms.

I'll keep it for spare parts then. I do have a Puzzle fighter that is dead that I want revived. I probably use it for the multi mod when I finally decide to purchase one.

Just make sure you clean it well, even if you keep it for spare parts. Use a toothbrush and some baking soda and go at it. At least it will help neutralize the battery acid from doing further damage.

Wow. That actually made me feel ill to look at.

Definitely worth keeping for parts. Try to clean it up as best you can to try to stop it from spreading.

I need to practice soldering so I'll be using it to practice. I have a cheap soldering iron but I find the tip too big to be any good use. Any recommendations for a good soldering iron?

Get something with swappable tips and adjustable temperature. I use an Aoyue and I do a lot of soldering. They are cheap so perfect for a beginner as well.

They usually come with an assortment. Try them out and order more of the ones you use/like the most.

Back