What's new

asra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a game developer originally from Spain. Posted here a couple of times I believe but now's a good time as any other for a formal introduction!

I've accumulated all sorts of roms and emulators throughout the years but never had the will to play them for more than a couple of minutes. It never felt real.
So when my 1st kid was born I decided I'd give him the "grand tour" and get him to play the very best videogames of each era. This of course includes arcade games.
I can't own every arcade game but I can cherry-pick a few favourites.

I spent about a year in Japan for work and that kind of sealed the deal. Bought a few jamma boards, and a H.A.S. supergun.
I still don't have everything I need to boot up the games but I'm gradually getting there.

Recently bought CPS2 and F3 multis. I'm a software guy so basically terrified of electronics but I hope I can learn this hobby without breaking much.

My ultimate goal is to learn enough soldering so I can recap my systems without having to rely on anyone else.

That's all!

Thanks to the people who make it possible for everyone else to keep playing these very special games on the original hardware. <3

Welcome to the group
My ultimate goal is to learn enough soldering so I can recap my systems without having to rely on anyone else
Get a few broken pcbs and practice by removing and reinstalling different components. Any pcb will due it does not have to be an arcade pcb. I think i used an old broken VCR a few years ago to test things out

thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

ThisGuy: nice idea with the soldering practice, I'll see what I can find lying around to practice on.

bienvenido ;)

Game developer? Interesting.. hobby or professional?

bienvenido ;)

Game developer? Interesting.. hobby or professional?
gracias deibit! in my case I'm a glutton for punishment, so both.
only modern platforms though, my assembly days are behind me I must admit.

Back