What's new

Dreygor

Grand Master
Reaction score
So I have a NetDIMM that says it is timing out when I try to do anything with the network settings. I tried to change the IP address and it timed out and the IP went to all zeros. Then when I tried to fix that it just repeatedly times out. I tried it about 6 times and decided it was best to walk away.

:cursing: Drey :cursing:

Ok this makes no sense. I took everything out of the case to trouble shoot the net dimm .. re-asembled it without the case .. plugged it in and fired up the Naomi and .. wtf .. it let me change the IP address. It passed all tests!

Explain that one to me.

Ok this makes no sense. I took everything out of the case to trouble shoot the net dimm .. re-asembled it without the case .. plugged it in and fired up the Naomi and .. wtf .. it let me change the IP address. It passed all tests!

Explain that one to me.
Electrical gremlins. They get into my car sometimes too.

You know I actually had the exact same issue with my Netdimm but in my situation the RAM was clearly poorly seated.
If someone else runs into this issue it might be worth it to reseat the memory.

• in having same trouble. Did the suggestions and did not work

Try reseating the RAM, if that doesn't work then try swapping it out.

As cool as it sounds. I had issues running 1GB of ram. Sometimes the Net DIMM would act wierd. I went back to 512MB and it cleared up some of my issues.

Yup works with one stick. But both ram sticks 100% in test but I can't set ip but time out when I try to set ip

Does the working memory stick work in either slot?
While it might take a little time, I would trying different configurations of the memory to see if the issue is the slot or the memory stick.

You could also clean the boards. Personally I use Deoxit and I feel it’s good to have a couple cans if you work on any retro equipment. I’ve been able to fix issues just by cleaning the boards in the past.

Double check you got the right PC100 memory. You can also use PC133 as well.
I used some MemoryMasters ram I got off of Ebay.
I think I spent like 30 bux.

If you can, open er up, and get some contact cleaner, and compressed air in there.
Clean out ALL the contacts, cartridge connectors.
I was able to scrub mine down with a super soft bristle tooth brush to break apart some of the oxidation on my dimm's contacts, and slots.
That helped me a lot because I was having a similar issue.

Also in another thread we've been talking about power.
Make sure you are powering your Naomi 1/2 adequately.
There's loads of shit faults with these when they don't have accurate 3.3V.

Attached is a picture of mine.

Attachments

• netdimm.jpg
    netdimm.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 74
Its the slot. I can run any of my ram from the one slot but not the other. Ill try cleaning it. I had a psu problem the wires might be loose in connector. I had trouble after connecting new fan

Resurrecting this post to let the thread know my findings. 1gb 512mb x2 of this ram, or any RAM plugged in the front spot, will timeout the board. However, a single 512mb Ram plugged in the back slot will work fine. At least that’s what happened to me. HTH

5714ED25-9057-499F-9E9B-39956D8A52CB.jpegF4AAF61A-54E2-4655-9D3F-AD096286EA02.jpeg6EA0F2D3-8602-4D8F-B1BF-B444A22CBD4C.jpegCF28F55E-02BC-4346-AD51-D5BA73A8C5BF.jpeg

I recently had the same issue. Netdimm with 2x 512Mb RAM getting timeout error. Luckily I found this thread and just fixed it using one 512Mb RAM slot.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! You guys saved me a big headache!

Back