What's new
Not sure if this will help or not but there is also a small adapter board that the daisy chained leds plug into to complete the circuit.
If you dont have that you can wind up torching a lot of those sense boards.

I didnt have one and I tried to plug them in without it and they burned out several of the optic sensors. Big mistake trying to plug them in without that.

Not sure if this will help or not but there is also a small adapter board that the daisy chained leds plug into to complete the circuit.
Do you have any more information on this? I've never heard of this nor seen this mentioned in any of the Type II IR manuals.

are you sure you're not confusing the gun protect board that goes between the gun io and the guns?

Well .. hello again ! ..
Thank you for your answer lukemorse1, but before I had decided to buy the ten IR Led emitters and a new main board.

So finally, after several days, I received these products last Sunday, both the main board and the gun sense board.

IMG-20181022-WA0009.jpg

Then I installed them, and turned the game on to verify if everything was working well..

The good part is that the main board and all my IR emitters are working well, cause they turn on without problems.

However, I still have a problem, the game recognize the shoots but not in a good way. I tried calibrating the gun in the option menu, but it's not working well.

So the first thing I want to check it's the position of the IR emitters around the screen.

The way I connected is like this:
The photo is from the back part of the screen.
IMG-20181023-WA0001.jpg

I recently have checked this information written by twistedsymphony in another post.
according to the HOTD2 manual the arrangement is like this with 1 being the closest to the Gun sense board:
| 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |
[ monitor ]
| 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 | 10|
So, could you please help me clarifying this information about the position? ..
The information above is seen from the back or the front ?

Thanks again for all your responses and help..

thank you for your answer ..
I have put in the position as you explained and now it's working better, but there's a littleproblem yet.

If I point up .. the gun points up
If I point down .. the gun points down
If I point right .. the gun points left
If I point left .. the gun points right..

So I think I should change the position..
Do you have an Idea how I should change ? ..

Thank you again..

there should be a dip switch on the Gun sense board that says 50 <=> 29

you want to flip that switch ;)

It's for switching betwen the old 50in rear-projection or 29in mirror cabs, the mirror cabs obviously had to reverse left and right because the LEDs reflect off of a mirror ;)

thank for your answer twistedsymphony..
I don't want to make mistakes so I want to be sure about what you explained ..
You mean this dip switch right ..
IMG-20181023-WA0013.jpg

??

Thank you again

yup

that other dip switch is for switching between 12 LED (JUrassic park the Lost world) mode and 10 LED (House Of the Dead) mode, you wont hurt anything by flipping either of them.

Last edited:
Dear twistedsymphony thank you so much !! .. that was the last step, and of course, now everything is working well and perfect .. and also for the information about the dip switch.

Now I have to check the second gun (it's not working properly), but I think that's a different problem, and if I have some doubts about it, I will create about
a different post, because the main problem about the board and the IR emitters is solved.

I'm really thankful, thank you for your time, patience and the quick responses ..

the world needs more people like you :thumbsup:

I didnt have one and I tried to plug them in without it and they burned out several of the optic sensors. Big mistake trying to plug them in without that.
Hello,
Just bought a chihiro to run a ghost squad with these emitters (watched all your YouTube’s while researching the chihiro). My question is if this board was ever identified. I can find the gun protect board twisted symphony discusses but I cannot find a board at the end of the circuit in the game or in the manual. I have not powered anything yet, just trying to verify all the components are present.

Back