What's new
I think a version with adjustable RGB pots instead of the pull down resistors would be better. Catering to all the various mvs revisions and monitors
Sorry, but I have to disagree. With adjustable pull down resistors the signal attenuation won't fit and with the use of pots you would simply return to the so called "improper" attenuation practice of the past. :)

Further (to my knowlegede) the RGBS output of all MVS systems should be the same.

Another solution could be the use of pots instead of the 75ohm resistors at the output of the board But for me the output is fine and therefore I guess I won't work on another revision in the near future. But the design is free and the board can be developed further by everybody who wants to. ;)

I'm gonna trouble shoot my PCB maybe something after the signal leave s is giving this effect

Reactions: SVM
Maybe the SCART cable? There have to be no additional components (resistors, capacitors etc.) inside the cable (except the 5V line) - just a straight connection to the tv is needed. ;)

I upgraded my AliExpress Consolized MV1c ... The pic was a bit dark but I adjusted brightness in OSSC.

I am in love with the Sharp SEXY PIXELs

Attachments

• 4bc8024f-22a4-4985-9cdb-e634c2a8d721.jpg
    4bc8024f-22a4-4985-9cdb-e634c2a8d721.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 429
  • 7fa8bcc9-fc05-4434-be87-28740ec17eea.jpg
    7fa8bcc9-fc05-4434-be87-28740ec17eea.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 411
  • bbfed37c-3090-4e91-988a-97e35ea1e39c.jpg
    bbfed37c-3090-4e91-988a-97e35ea1e39c.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 408
  • d651e793-59a8-4cb1-8399-1666db22f66d.jpg
    d651e793-59a8-4cb1-8399-1666db22f66d.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 438
  • RGB Board.jpg
    RGB Board.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 568
Been a while. Finally had some time to build the board and test.
Unfortunately my MVS board doesn't work, no sound, no video, so can't test the rgb board at the moment. However I do notice the THS7374 chip getting véry hot. Is that supposed to be that way?

Ok, assumed that.
So I'll make sure to get the MVS to properly work first, then order a new THS and replace it on the rgb board.

Originally the RGB PCB was the idea of member philenotfound of the German circuit-board.de forums but at the moment he is too busy to develop another revision of the PCB...

At the same time (the project was discussed in an open thread at circuit-board.de) I asked "RGB Bypass Master" borti4938 to help me out designing a PCB with proper impedance matching signals.

Meanwhile the PCB is ready and installed in my CMVS.

Neo Geo MVS RGB PCB.png

The picture looks awesome and I think no further revision is needed. :thumbup:

112339-Windjammers-png

If you want to try it out you can order the PCB from OSHPARK.com or AISLER.net. ;)

If you have some questions regarding the resistor values, capacitors etc. please ask borti4938. He is a real expert and I think his answers will be more specific than mine. ;)
Had to get me a new project so I ordered my first MVS and found this RGB amp, so now I have 20pcs on order :) Thank you for sharing :) looking forward to test this out.

Reactions: SVM
got my bords in and done some testing this is just the best rgb picture I have ever seen on any console Thanx allot for doing this design

Attachments

• BC324CAD-D14C-4B6A-9CF3-0B45040326D3.jpeg
    BC324CAD-D14C-4B6A-9CF3-0B45040326D3.jpeg
    691 KB · Views: 480
Some more pic. The image is taken of and LCD with my phone and won`t give the best result, I may need to use a capture device to get any decent result.
I will also order some Stereo sound MOD PCB`s that is available on oshPark.

The RGB signal is feed trough a GBS8200 with all the mods I know of and is running an ESP8266 with GBScontrol then feed into a Benq BL702A. This gives me a nice
picture and is a good way to save some $ compared to an OSSC or going for SONY BVM.. :)

Attachments

• RGB-PCB-res.jpg
    RGB-PCB-res.jpg
    862.8 KB · Views: 455
  • MVS-RGB-PIC-res.jpg
    MVS-RGB-PIC-res.jpg
    885.7 KB · Views: 462
someone have the schem to mount it on MV1F please? where can I buy a pcb ready to mount?

Last edited:
The RGB signal is feed trough a GBS8200 with all the mods I know of and is running an ESP8266 with GBScontrol then feed into a Benq BL702A. This gives me a nice

picture and is a good way to save some $ compared to an OSSC or going for SONY BVM.. :)
Looking good, can you elaborate more on GBS8200 mods and the ESP8266 side of things?

Bumping this thread again

Like a couple of others I have found this board is REALLY dark. I'm also having issues with sync on a standard CRT TV but it does sync on my PVM.

I do have some questions to make sure I've done this correctly:

I've connected the wires after the resistors on the RGB lines (traces go from here to the pins on the JAMMA edge)

I connected the sync pin to the JAMMA pin but I got nothing at all, but connected before the resistor I do get sync.

For reference:

Neo MVS MV-2
5v mod
Tested and working fine with a Minigun

I've connected the wires after the resistors on the RGB lines (traces go from here to the pins on the JAMMA edge)
Right :)
I connected the sync pin to the JAMMA pin but I got nothing at all, but connected before the resistor I do get sync.
OK.
Do you use a "blank" RGB cable (no capacitors or resistors in it except the one resistor for 5v (RGB switching))? If yes: When you still get no sync try to grab the sync signal before it goes through R13. One user told me that he had a similar problem with his flat TV and this was the solution to it. :)

Back