What's new

gpbear4

Student
Reaction score
does anyone living in the US have experience ordering these systems or anything of similar size and weight from buyee or yahoo auction japan?

246/256 dimensions = 32x23x13cm, weight 4.7kg

What are you asking exactly?

I've bought all sorts of PC's from YAJ. X3's, X2's, x68k, Bemani computers, etc. It's PRICEY to ship them, aside from that I'm not sure what info you need.

Honestly just buy a 2x6 domestically. You'll save nearly $100 just in shipping. An alternative is buy a Time Crisis 3, they're everywhere, and always super cheap, and they come with two!

Hi. I have used them in the past. I think they are a little bit pricey on the shipping size, but you pool together several items to be shipped to you.

E.

Hi. I have used them in the past. I think they are a little bit pricey on the shipping size, but you pool together several items to be shipped to you.

E.
oh cool thats cool that you can do that. how do you do that? if you buy a few things around the same things does it just ask you if you want to ship them together? cause dont the sellers first have to ship the items to a warehouse?

E.
oh cool thats cool that you can do that. how do you do that? if you buy a few things around the same things does it just ask you if you want to ship them together? cause dont the sellers first have to ship the items to a warehouse?
Most sellers won’t ship international anyway, so you would have to use a proxy like Buyee.
There you can ‘store’ items up to 30 days and have them shipped together

It's called "package consolidation" on buyee but I've never been able to get it to save me any money. There is an extra service charge for it, and your resulting single package still weighs a lot. Once, it even bumped up my price because the box was too big for EMS at the end. Might be worth it if you're OK with stuff going by boat. Also might be worth it if you are getting something big like a 256 from one seller, then just some DVD/dongles from others.

Fwiw kachanvega has two 256's that might go cheap but be prepared for like $80 in shipping.

http://buyee.jp/item/search/query/256/seller/kachanvega/category/2084047782?translationType=1

Fate uses a HDD so maybe pick up the other one.

It's called "package consolidation" on buyee but I've never been able to get it to save me any money. There is an extra service charge for it, and your resulting single package still weighs a lot. Once, it even bumped up my price because the box was too big for EMS at the end. Might be worth it if you're OK with stuff going by boat. Also might be worth it if you are getting something big like a 256 from one seller, then just some DVD/dongles from others.

Fwiw kachanvega has two 256's that might go cheap but be prepared for like $80 in shipping.

http://buyee.jp/item/search/query/256/seller/kachanvega/category/2084047782?translationType=1

Fate uses a HDD so maybe pick up the other one.
For a lot of small things it can make a difference.

I've shipped a few PC type systems back using SMJ - For anything 246/256, Type-x, RingEdge, Lindbergh you've got to Sea-Freight them or it costs you an arm and a leg (SMJ's packaging can add an extra 2Kg to the weight).

Think the biggest shipping bill I've had was $160 for a pair of stools and a pair of TTX2's in the same box - but I regularly get hit for $90 shipping and I nearly always Sea freight my stuff.

Although I just picked up a boxed super Grafix and might EMS it back to the UK just so I can play with it now....

Explore other proxies. Places like Goody Japan and Celga are great. They have reasonable fees and don't charge extra to combine shipping. Goody has great customer service and pack items extremely well.

Yeah plug and play in a naomi cab... Just need the JVS power adapter which are plentiful and cheap.

Yeah plug and play in a naomi cab... Just need the JVS power adapter which are plentiful and cheap.
Correct, but luckily most 2x6 come shipped including the adapter ;)
Or you can crimp your own easily

I use SMJ as proxy, i have shipped relatively big boxes (two X2 + 3 Naomi's + PCBs and carts all in one package)
I didnt find it specially expensive.

My last order is one Fast IO card and one Nesica RFID reader (two combined bids in one small package) and it costs exactly 14USD from Japan to Germany (for example)

Back