What's new

suverman

Bulti Moyz
Grand Master
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Does anyone know for the analogue racing games like Wangan Midnight how to connect to pots? Which pin is acceleration and which one is pedals. Also what pot values work best?
Was it standard among all racing games or not?

Thanks.

Attachments

• io_naomi_jvs.gif
    io_naomi_jvs.gif
    22 KB · Views: 59
AD0 is wheel, AD1and is gas, AD2 is brake.

5k pots are standard in arcade. The pots will have three lugs on them. Ground connects to one of the outside pots, 5v to the other outside pot, and the signal wire to the middle pot. If the effect of the pot is backwards in game then reverse the ground and 5v pots.

5k pots are standard in arcade. The pots will have three lugs on them. Ground connects to one of the outside pots, 5v to the other outside pot, and the signal wire to the middle pot. If the effect of the pot is backwards in game then reverse the ground and 5v pots.
Hell of a miss by spellcheck there. I got some pots and am planning to do this soon. Need to find my wheel victim.

Hell of a miss by spellcheck there. I got some pots and am planning to do this soon. Need to find my wheel victim.
Fixed. My fingers are too big to write on this phone.

Thanks Mitsurugi - I shall try it out on just 5k pots and see how it works!!

Fixed. My fingers are too big to write on this phone.
Haha that’s one of the reasons I carry around an iPad mini. I still can’t type great but with a phone it’s abysmal so I don’t even try.

Thanks Mitsurugi - I shall try it out on just 5k pots and see how it works!!
this is my plan too. Just get the pots wired up to test and then find some wheel candidates. Let us know what wheel you end up using. I’ll do the same. Might help others later.

Back