What's new
Ha! I’m tempted. So far, adding the sub has made a HUGE difference though.

No, just the one for now.

You have to pull the whole speaker box to do it the first time, you can't just remove the grill from the front, so it's more of a pain than you might be expecting. Plus, I don't think the new speaker sounds any better, it's pretty much the same.

There are extra grill retaining screws INSIDE the box. When I installed the new speaker, I just left those un-attached and threw em in a bag in the coin box. They really aren't needed.

(Also of note... Taito does not stock the regular Vewlix speakers anymore, so that path is a dead end for replacements)
I ordered two of these yesterday. I have a hunch they might be able to be used in other taito cabs..... I'll let you know.

Hey, I know this is an old thread, but how did you connect the Sub to the original amp?

Hey, I know this is an old thread, but how did you connect the Sub to the original amp?
You use an AUX splitter, one goes to the amp in the vewlix, and one goes to the powered subwoofer.

^THAT^ very simple :)

I also used a headphone amp, before sending the signal to the cab amp and sub. with it I can control the cab or headphone volume, added bonus is when I plug in the headphones it mutes the volume to the cab, which makes things a bit more convenient.

Yes, all of this^^^^^^. Splitter or small amp. That easy!

Back