What's new
I've seen plenty toss equivalent A63s in Aeros just due to the age of the cab. Most are sadly hack jobs, no patience to clean everything up and wire them correctly.
Got curious and went to look. My spare Aero monitor is A63JHF81X.
I'm curious about the wiring comment since this has the standard MS8-26(some-letters-here) chassis and the cab I pulled it from didn't look hacked up.
By equivalents, I mostly mean A63 tubes and chassis made for other countries. So WG 7ks, Polos, etc inside them. OPs and some ppl with no experience will cut off connectors, run new wires, just twist each RGB sync lines together and leave bare instead of using connectors or at the bare minimum a wire nut.

Don't get me started with JAMMA hack jobs or ripping out JVS and wiring in JAMMA lol. Total rat's nests.

Oh oh, I understand now. I misread it initially.

I've got to go and see about a bunch of tube numbers in my storage and figure out if they'll ever be useful for something or if I can just get rid of them. I was collecting 29" monitors for a while hoping to find something to work with the E2. That's neither here nor there, but the tube number talk got me thinking about it.

I've seen plenty toss equivalent A63s in Aeros just due to the age of the cab. Most are sadly hack jobs, no patience to clean everything up and wire them correctly.
Got curious and went to look. My spare Aero monitor is A63JHF81X.I'm curious about the wiring comment since this has the standard MS8-26(some-letters-here) chassis and the cab I pulled it from didn't look hacked up.
By equivalents, I mostly mean A63 tubes and chassis made for other countries. So WG 7ks, Polos, etc inside them. OPs and some ppl with no experience will cut off connectors, run new wires, just twist each RGB sync lines together and leave bare instead of using connectors or at the bare minimum a wire nut.
Don't get me started with JAMMA hack jobs or ripping out JVS and wiring in JAMMA lol. Total rat's nests.
Welcome to my neo25. OP didnt use any wire nuts or solder when he was hacking it up. Twisted wires and electrical tape.

Inner/Outer rotate mech cleaned up and repacked all 6 bearings.

Zs4w1jU.jpg

What a beautiful cab. By any chance would you happen to have the files for the control panel and other decals that you had reproduced? :)

Goals:
- Final Adjustments to Reproduction CPO for 2P12B layout: On hold, recovering PSD or will start from scratch
- Reproduction of Capcom Side Logos: On hold
- Reproduction of Q-Sound Sticker: Completed
What a beautiful cab. By any chance would you happen to have the files for the control panel and other decals that you had reproduced? :)
First post gives updates on my goals and they are in no particular order. This project all depends on the free time I have available for it and I am not rushing it either. I want things done correctly before I release any information or files. My next priority is the chassis documentation.

I have been asked for years and years on this cabinet for things. No other owners have stepped up to the plate, besides richy13 verifying measurements for me on a few things and electricgrave. There are still SSFII overlays and 1P overlays out there, no one has contributed. When stuff is released, I post it here and on AO wiki.

There are still SSFII overlays
@Mitsurugi-w 's cab has this overlay. I saw it in San Jose. Hopefully he'll help with this.

I think I've said it before, but I'll say it again. If there's anything I can assist you with I'm happy to do so.

@Mitsurugi-w 's cab has this overlay. I saw it in San Jose. Hopefully he'll help with this.
Never!!!! Muahahahahaha!
Seriously though....how did my cab look?
A bit better than mine. Little bit of rust here and there, but nothing that won't clean up. No damage in the plastics I could see. I think you'll be pretty happy with it :).

Be ready to soak the wooden insides with mold killer though. I think the Q25's were definitely in a small flood. The bottom 6-8" or so were pretty bad.

Never!!!! Muahahahahaha!
Seriously though....how did my cab look?
Haha.

@Mitsurugi-w definitely take the plastic side shells off as moisture loves to get in there, treat the wood and mold, let it completely dry, and then toss the shells back on after cleaned.

@rewrite At this time I would just make sure your tube# is the same Tosh series. I assume your overlay is the same as mine? There isn't much left to do. Overlay and sideart just takes the longest. I have to do the chassis anyway. Only other thing I can think of is the smaller stickers on the back and inside the front access door.

I assume your overlay is the same as mine?
It is.

If the tube number is easily readable I'll get it today. If I have to dismantle it'll likely be a bit. I'll see what stickers are still on mine.

I had a layout illustrator document that I had received from someone in Japan. It was 100% accurate as to the original 2 player CP layout. I’ve been trying to find it again but I’m not sure I still have it. Unfortunately I never had it printed. If I do come across it I’ll be sure to let you guys know.

Tube: Toshiba A59JMZ193X
Chassis: Nanao MS8-25FBC

I have a red warning? sticker under the rear lock., on the right side in the back above the door I have a Capcom sticker with voltages and wattage on it.

Little labels on all the buttons inside the PCB door. And on the back side of the PCB door what appears to be a quality assurance/build date sticker.

I had a layout illustrator document that I had received from someone in Japan. It was 100% accurate as to the original 2 player CP layout. I’ve been trying to find it again but I’m not sure I still have it. Unfortunately I never had it printed. If I do come across it I’ll be sure to let you guys know.
I test print everything, so if you do find it. I can verify the measurements, get a test print done, and check for fitment.

This is why I haven't released the overlay. I dont have the file anymore and my friend has to find his. Everything was done from scratch and from the test fit we have to make a few minor adjustments. If unfound, I'll just start from scratch again.
Tube: Toshiba A59JMZ193X
Chassis: Nanao MS8-25FBC

I have a red warning? sticker under the rear lock., on the right side in the back above the door I have a Capcom sticker with voltages and wattage on it.

Little labels on all the buttons inside the PCB door. And on the back side of the PCB door what appears to be a quality assurance/build date sticker.
back right side above the rear door should be the Capcom sticker, should have a serial on there as well.

PCB door is the QA indeed

Little labels on the service panel should literally be / look like label maker labels.

Rear lock is the shock/electrical warning.

OMG I FOUND IT!!
That would save me a lot of time. As I said, if you want to share the file, I can verify measurements, do a proper test print and fitment on it. Sure beats the worst case scenario, having to start from scratch again, lol.

If they work out maybe we should get a batch of them printed out, rather than each finding our own printers?

if anyone knows of a Q25 for sale please let me know. mine is missing the coin chutes, Hirose connectors, Q-sound amp, Q sound trans former, marquee and the control panel is all dented and at one time had a steering wheel attached to it.

hoping i can find a complete one.l

Last edited:
Back