What's new
if anyone knows of a Q25 for sale please let me know. mine is missing the coin chutes, Hirose connectors, Q-sound amp, Q sound trans former, marquee and the control panel is all dented and at one time had a steering wheel attached to it. :( I'm located in Culver City, California.

hoping i can find a complete one.
It's a shame you just missed the group buy. If you'd gotten one of the project cabs you could likely have made 1 out of the two. :(

The Q Sound amp and transformer, try KLOV for. A lot of those guys have them sitting around in their parts bin. I'd put up a WTB and had a bunch of offers same day.

Last edited:
@rewrite I wasn’t aware of the group buy. I’ve been away a bit due to health issues. Where were they ordered from? I wouldn’t mind ordering one or maybe two if the supplier you guys used happens to still have some.

@rewrite I wasn’t aware of the group buy. I’ve been away a bit due to health issues. Where were they ordered from? I wouldn’t mind ordering one or maybe two if the supplier you guys used happens to still have some.
Yaton6262 bad them. He was trying to sell the remaining ones on ebay. It's worth reaching out!

Here's hoping your return means you're in good health :).

So some good news. After some minor adjustments to the file @voltron shared to me. The test print fitments are looking great.

I also got a hold of the original file @electricgrave made we thought was lost. So atm I am comparing them both.

My next step is doing a real print through Scott from gameongrafix along with a true fitment.

This is important as the Q25 overlay has very little forgiveness compared to other overlays. If the button pads or joystick pads are off by even a little its easily noticeable.

For fitment on this I recommend:
- Line up 1P joystick first.
- clamp 1P side
- Line up 2P joystick
- 2 clamps 2P side, removing clamp from 1P
- Once lined up, cut the first half (1P side) of the backing topside (flat top of the cp). Do not cut the backing for the curve or front (Capcom logo side)
- squeegee 1P side til no air bubbles and satisfied.
- remove clamps
- cut 2P half of backing topside
- squeegee
- remove rest of backing
- squeegee curve slowly to avoid any fold overs or crinkling
- squeegee down the front

Once I have received a true print from Scott, satisfied with the colors and fitment, I will release the finished product.

@rewrite and @ReplicaX how complicated does the rotation mechanism look? Mine doesn’t have one but the local metal works shop told me if I had a sample they can easily make me one. Do any of you guys have detailed pics of it?

@rewrite and @ReplicaX how complicated does the rotation mechanism look? Mine doesn’t have one but the local metal works shop told me if I had a sample they can easily make me one. Do any of you guys have detailed pics of it?
I wouldn't say its complicated.

There are several pieces:
- Base plate
- 2 large NTN ball bearings located on the base plate using studs
- Upper & lower retaining brackets
- 2 top guides
- Rotation plate
- 4 smaller NTN bearings in custom brackets for the rotation plate
- Spring loaded pin & its bracket
- Monitor Frame

On the 2nd page I have an overall picture of the mech. It would be best to take the assembly to a metal shop for reproduction or if someone has the time to make a 2D or 3D blueprints / drawings with all measurements.

@ReplicaX just curious how many of the group buy cabs had rotation mechs? And by any chance would you be able to take close ups of the different parts of the mechanism. Any pics would be helpful.

If anyone else can take pics and post them I would really appreciate it.

@ReplicaX just curious how many of the group buy cabs had rotation mechs? And by any chance would you be able to take close ups of the different parts of the mechanism. Any pics would be helpful.

The group buy for my cabinet was about 10yrs ago? Only 2 out of 10 had the rotation mech.

This group buy I know @rewrite has one and not sure about @Mitsurugi-w 's.

I believe the Canada container had 2, unsure if they had mechs.

In this group buy there were 8 cabs, 4 left behind, 4 got purchased. Only two had rotation mechs (mine, and XeD's).

Hey guys!

I have a capcom Q25 that I bought many years ago in a neo-geo forum group deal. I imagine I must have got in the same one as you ReplicaX. Mine also says Jland in it with a serial number as you mentioned in your write up. I actually drove down to Maryland with Electricgrave to pick them up way back then.

It has more or less sat since then as I went off to college and couldn't take it with me.

I am finally working on restoring it after all these years. I am happy to help out if there is anything I can add. Mine does have a rotation mechanism in it.

I would also be interested in helping with the control panel overlay if possible. I have been looking forever and have never seen one. Mine actually has the street fighter 2 overlay on it, while it's not great, it is mostly all there and perhaps there is a way to digitize it.

Where are you able to buy the reproduction marquee holder for the top? I never had one of those and would like to get one.

Hey guys!

I have a capcom Q25 that I bought many years ago in a neo-geo forum group deal. I imagine I must have got in the same one as you ReplicaX. Mine also says Jland in it with a serial number as you mentioned in your write up. I actually drove down to Maryland with Electricgrave to pick them up way back then.

It has more or less sat since then as I went off to college and couldn't take it with me.

I am finally working on restoring it after all these years. I am happy to help out if there is anything I can add. Mine does have a rotation mechanism in it.

I would also be interested in helping with the control panel overlay if possible. I have been looking forever and have never seen one. Mine actually has the street fighter 2 overlay on it, while it's not great, it is mostly all there and perhaps there is a way to digitize it.

Where are you able to buy the reproduction marquee holder for the top? I never had one of those and would like to get one.
Yep, I have had Electricgrave's for quite some time now.

Some HQ pictures of your SSFII overlay can really help for reproducing it. A straight vertical shot looking down on the top and a shot of the front would be awesome. Once I confirm the regular overlay is perfect, I can use it as a template for the SSFII overlay.

So I was lucky and scored an original marquee off YAJ years ago. Provided all the measurements to @FrancoB and he sold reproductions of it. I'm not sure if he is still doing marquees these days, but I will ask him if I can post our original mock up with all the measurements.

@ReplicaX I have an original SF2 control panel overlay coming. At a very slow snails pace but it’s coming. I’ll go ahead and scan it as soon as it arrives.

@campin_dirty can you please post pics of your machine? Also if yours has the rotation mechanism if you get a chance can you please take some measurements?

@ReplicaX - that would be great. I took some pictures below. I am by no means a good photographer. I took these quick, but I can do I better job tomorrow if these aren't up to par. I will shoot Franco B a PM. If you are able to share the mock ups I think I know someone who can make one for me or others. Also, that's pretty cool - our cabs made the same journey in my pickup truck back from maryland. If I remember correctly we did the trip in 22 hours non stop.

@voltron - I can take some measurements. What do you want measurements of? Currently I just replaced the chassis on my monitor and it is awaiting a new yoke lead cable so the monitor is not in it currently. The monitor and frame that sits on the bearings is removed. However, I think I can still take whatever measurements you may want. Just let me know what you are interested in knowing.

Last edited:
@campin_dirty that would be such a huge help! If you can kinda sketch the parts and the measurements of the parts of the rotation mech. Also if you can take close ups of the way everything mounts for example the bearings, big circular thing, (inner, outer etc.. just to get a rough idea.

@ReplicaX Hey man, hope you're well.

I've not been able to make marquee holders since ~2014 unfortunately. Have you still got the dimensions? Feel free to post them up, I certainly don't have any ownership or say about them, you kindly provided them to me :thumbup:

If you have got them 'to hand' I should be able to make a .dxf from them to get one laser cut. The only problem with getting one cut '2.5D' is that it won't have the polished radiused edges.

If you haven't got the dimensions then I think I should still have the plastic template that I made from your dimensions. If needs be I should be able to dig that out and model it up.

Thank you @FrancoB!

This is what I have from the project. Looks like all my original measurements.

NsoqLPV.jpg

Done :)

Q25_PNG-L.png

Drawn as a .dwg and .dxf as per your dimensions. I guesstimated the screw hole locations and corner radii but they look about right compared to your drawing.

Uploaded [here]

Found some old details of mine including material thickness and chamfer etc.

The Q25 is a two piece holder, 5mm front and 3mm back. It has a 2mm chamfer around the holder and the edges are painstakingly polished to a high gloss shine.
q251.jpg

q252.jpg

Q25bara.jpg

Back