What's new
After many years of clutter, I'm finally back down to one cab, but if one of these crossed my path for the right price, I think I could be compelled to own 2 cabs :D
-ud
:thumbup:

Added more pictures. Updated Front, Side, and Original Marquee Restored.

Inside the front access /w its unique Keyed Coin Mech setup and Coin Box which I deem the "PCB Vault". If you look closely there are also mounting holes and a slot to the coin box for a 3rd Mech for the 3 Player Setup.

Artwork added that I have been working on. QSound sticker is final, just need to contact Scott and figure out my options.

Hardware Documentation added.
Toshiba Tube # added.
Monitor Mech Pictures.
PSU Cage and PSU Pictures.
Bottom of Cab showing wiring, QSound Transformer, Qsound Amp.
CPS2 Communications Headers and PCB.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know!

Very excited about the little marquees you've made!

Woww... that rotating mech is very cool.. unlike the E2 that has wood in it.

Woww... that rotating mech is very cool.. unlike the E2 that has wood in it.
I mean, the entire Q25 is wooden, really!

But it's 10x nicer than the E2 rotation mech for sure.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know!

Very excited about the little marquees you've made!
My next step is cleaning the original chassis and a potential spare. Comparing the 2 as they have the same board # for differences. Generating Cap lists.
PSU, busting it open to document and figure pinouts, cap list.

The interesting things are the rotate mech, PSU, and CP. PSU and CP utilizing those Hi-Rose connections for quick change outs. Rotate mech, the design is very simple and practical.

Also updated the AO wiki, long overdue.

Popped the PSU open today, will have a Cap list tomorrow.
PSU Pics added and P/N and Specs.

Very interesting that they used an Industrial PSU instead of an Arcade PSU. Also by doing so it covers US, UK, JP, and China voltages.

@rewrite I'm hoping you still have an original PSU, these are not only discontinued, they are expensive.

Popped the PSU open today, will have a Cap list tomorrow.
PSU Pics added and P/N and Specs.

Very interesting that they used an Industrial PSU instead of an Arcade PSU. Also by doing so it covers US, UK, JP, and China voltages.

@rewrite I'm hoping you still have an original PSU, these are not only discontinued, they are expensive.
One way to find out!

I'll try and dig in and get a pic today or tomorrow.

For what it's worth, this tube size (A59) is the Japan 25" that we can liken to a US 24". This is thesame size as the MVS-U4, SNK Candy 25, Pony Table, and several others. The only knock against it is that they are unobtanium in the United States, so if yours looks good and is working, then you've got a nice rare piece of kit on hand.

It's funny how that goes. A59 is common here in Europe. On the other hand A63 (your 27") are like unicorns.

It's funny how that goes. A59 is common here in Europe. On the other hand A63 (your 27") are like unicorns.
Aye, A63s are the most common in the US. Then you have some oddball cabs like Consolette 26s that use them.

For what it's worth, this tube size (A59) is the Japan 25" that we can liken to a US 24". This is thesame size as the MVS-U4, SNK Candy 25, Pony Table, and several others. The only knock against it is that they are unobtanium in the United States, so if yours looks good and is working, then you've got a nice rare piece of kit on hand.
I hadn't realized they were a different size than the Aero City/Table.

I hadn't realized they were a different size than the Aero City/Table.
I've seen plenty toss equivalent A63s in Aeros just due to the age of the cab. Most are sadly hack jobs, no patience to clean everything up and wire them correctly.

I've seen plenty toss equivalent A63s in Aeros just due to the age of the cab. Most are sadly hack jobs, no patience to clean everything up and wire them correctly.
Got curious and went to look. My spare Aero monitor is A63JHF81X.

I'm curious about the wiring comment since this has the standard MS8-26(some-letters-here) chassis and the cab I pulled it from didn't look hacked up.

Back