Q GrandAm 25 Project / Documentation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Q GrandAm 25 Project / Documentation

I will be using this thread to document my Capcom Q GrandAm 25.

Year:
      Wiring: JAMMA Standard | CPS1 & CPS2 Kick Harnesses | CPS2 Link wired
      Monitor: 25" Toshiba: A59JMZ193X | Nanao MS8-25FBC Dual 15/24 KHz (Resolution switch on Remote Board)
      Monitor Mech: Fully Rotatable Ball Bearing Mechanism /w spring loaded locking pin or Rotatable without Mechanism | Screwless/Boltless Bezel
      Sound: Q-Sound Amp | JAMMA amplifed | Q-Sound Dedicated RCA Inputs
      Control Panels: 1P6B | 2P12B | 3P9B (rumored / advertised) | All panels wired for Quick Release Change Outs
      Other Features:
      Removable keyed Coin Mech Assembly on Door for 2 or 3 Chute Operation | Marquee Holder is held by Keyed lockdown

History:
      From my discussion with a former VP & Board Member of Capcom. Most Q GrandAm 25s were rentals from Capcom Coin-Op, used in expos, and for events. Which explains the CP options and unique features of the cabinet. How many of these came to the US from Mexico? There is a rumor that a Company called JLand had bought through liquidation from Capcom Coin-Op JP and used several of them at their locations or they purchased them from Capcom Coin-Op in Mexico which had an extremely shady operation and practices.

My Q GrandAm 25:
      Full Ball Bearing Mechanism
      2P12B CP
      2 Coin Mechanism

Goals:
      - Obtain Original Marquee: Completed
      - Provide Marquee Dimensions for Reproduction to Communities: Completed (Francob Reproductions made)
      - Final Adjustments to Reproduction CPO for 2P12B layout: On hold, recovering PSD or will start from scratch
      - Reproduction of Capcom Side Logos: On hold
      - Reproduction of Q-Sound Sticker: Completed
      - Documentation of Power Supply & Cap Values: Completed
      - Documentation of Chassis & Neckboard: Comparing difference in Nanao Chassis | Cap Kit
      - Documentation of Q-Sound Amp: CPB - 001A confirmed used on all Q-Sound Cabs (18VAC) except Capcom Impress (runs off 12VDC)

Q GrandAm 25 | MKII | NNC | JNX SuperGun
      First Cab: Centipede (1987)
      Arcade Tech since 1994

The post was edited 12 times, last by ReplicaX ().

• Hardware Documentation

Monitor Rotation Mech:

Left picture shows spring loaded lock pin on top. Right picture shows 6 bearing system and how chassis and monitor frame rotate together.

Power Supply Unit & Cage:

PSU Cage P/N: CPS-001A-7A
      PSU PCB P/N: Nemic-Lambda ZT170-525/CPS (Now TDK-Lambda)

PSU Specs
      Input: 100 - 120VAC | 200 - 240VAC @50/60Hz
      Output: 5V 10A | 12V 6A | -5V 1A

QSound:

QSound Amp P/N: CPB-001A (same used in US Big Blue Cabs)
      QSound Transformer P/N: CPT-002B (Same used in US Big Blue Cabs)
      QSound Transformer Wiring: Black = JP 100VAC, Gray = US 120VAC

CPS2 Link:

Link PCB P/N: 93652-2

Arcade Tech since 1994

The post was edited 18 times, last by ReplicaX: Had to use imgur ().

• Artwork Section

Qsound Sticker Complete

Since I don't have any full CPS kits. I am making my own Mini Marquees for the Mini Marquee Holder.
      Examples: (FYI these are in CMYK for printing purposes)
      Arcade Tech since 1994

The post was edited 2 times, last by ReplicaX ().

• After many years of clutter, I'm finally back down to one cab, but if one of these crossed my path for the right price, I think I could be compelled to own 2 cabs :D
      -ud
      Darksoft Multi: CPS2/3, F3, ST-V, NEO ║ Cab: Namco Exceleena 1
      Scan Converter: Micomsoft XRGB2+, Silicon Optix ImageAnyplace
      Monitor: Amiga 1080, BenQ RL2460, Pioneer KRP-500M
    • undamned wrote:

After many years of clutter, I'm finally back down to one cab, but if one of these crossed my path for the right price, I think I could be compelled to own 2 cabs :D
      -ud
      :thumbup:

Added more pictures. Updated Front, Side, and Original Marquee Restored.

Inside the front access /w its unique Keyed Coin Mech setup and Coin Box which I deem the "PCB Vault". If you look closely there are also mounting holes and a slot to the coin box for a 3rd Mech for the 3 Player Setup.
      Arcade Tech since 1994
    • rewrite wrote:

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know!

Very excited about the little marquees you've made!
      My next step is cleaning the original chassis and a potential spare. Comparing the 2 as they have the same board # for differences. Generating Cap lists.
      PSU, busting it open to document and figure pinouts, cap list.

The interesting things are the rotate mech, PSU, and CP. PSU and CP utilizing those Hi-Rose connections for quick change outs. Rotate mech, the design is very simple and practical.

Also updated the AO wiki, long overdue.
      Arcade Tech since 1994
    • Popped the PSU open today, will have a Cap list tomorrow.
      PSU Pics added and P/N and Specs.

Very interesting that they used an Industrial PSU instead of an Arcade PSU. Also by doing so it covers US, UK, JP, and China voltages.

@rewrite I'm hoping you still have an original PSU, these are not only discontinued, they are expensive.
      Arcade Tech since 1994
    • ReplicaX wrote:

Popped the PSU open today, will have a Cap list tomorrow.
      PSU Pics added and P/N and Specs.

Very interesting that they used an Industrial PSU instead of an Arcade PSU. Also by doing so it covers US, UK, JP, and China voltages.

@rewrite I'm hoping you still have an original PSU, these are not only discontinued, they are expensive.
      One way to find out!

I'll try and dig in and get a pic today or tomorrow.
      On the hunt for: Dinoking, Mushiking, Love & Berry, Egret 29, Grand Am Q25, Capcom New Concept 2, and Naomi guncabs.
    • For what it's worth, this tube size (A59) is the Japan 25" that we can liken to a US 24". This is thesame size as the MVS-U4, SNK Candy 25, Pony Table, and several others. The only knock against it is that they are unobtanium in the United States, so if yours looks good and is working, then you've got a nice rare piece of kit on hand.
    • Hatsune Mike wrote:

For what it's worth, this tube size (A59) is the Japan 25" that we can liken to a US 24". This is thesame size as the MVS-U4, SNK Candy 25, Pony Table, and several others. The only knock against it is that they are unobtanium in the United States, so if yours looks good and is working, then you've got a nice rare piece of kit on hand.
      I hadn't realized they were a different size than the Aero City/Table.
      On the hunt for: Dinoking, Mushiking, Love & Berry, Egret 29, Grand Am Q25, Capcom New Concept 2, and Naomi guncabs.