What's new

OldSkoolCPS

Beginner
Reaction score
Hey all! I was so excited to hear about the DarkSoft CPS2 kit when they first came out. I purchased one and I can't wait to get it up and running. I'm also excited to see that DarkSoft might be working on a CPS1 kit. If he is, take my money now!

I am planning on attending medical school next year so I was wondering if anyone here knows someone that can wire everything for me. I am new to all of this and I have no soldering skills. I would hate to ruin my boards. Any suggestions???

Last edited:
California is a big place, if you're looking for local help might want to be more specific. ;)

Hey all! I was so excited to hear about the DarkSoft CPS2 kit when they first came out. I purchased one and I can't wait to get it up and running. I'm also excited to see that DarkSoft might be working on a CPS1 kit. If he is, take my money now!

I am planning on attending medical school next year so I was wondering if anyone here knows someone that can wire everything for me. I am new to all of this and I have no soldering skills. I would hate to ruin my boards. Any suggestions???
I can help if you want, but shipping costs are a mofo.... sooo you might have a better chance potentially finding a local Hackerspace, or MakersSpot or something...
Welcome.
This place is great.
Good people, loads of brainpower here, and people that will do decent business.
Best off, no drama, just games.

Welcome!

I'm in SF and I have a CPS2 Multi. Let me know if I can help.

Sorry about that guys. I didn't even think about mentioning where I am. I'm in Ventura, CA. Another member that is close by reached out to me so I hope he can help.

I just wanted to give a shout-out to all of you for the work that you do. I happened to come across Mitsu's videos about Darksoft's setup and from that point on, I knew I had to get one. I purchased it late last year and have slowly been getting the additional parts. I have 2 b-boards (a 6 and a 7 series) and my a-board just arrived. I can't wait to get it ready for a cabinet. That will come when I finish school.

Darksoft, please make a CPS1 board!!!! I grew up with that series of games and would love to have them all!

Looks like Metal Skin Panic, I think I have this on Laserdisc with Riding Bean!

Good times man.

Welcome bro !! If your ever in LA while visiting be sure to holar, always hosting Arcade and retro gaming nights at my place.

I'm back. Thanks for all of the shout-outs! Just so I don't take up too much space here, is there a thread where I can find someone in SoCal that can add my CPSII multi to a CPSII board? I just don't have the time and expertise to do it myself. I'm in Ventura, CA. Thanks, everyone!

Back