What's new
ode_order.jpg

https://goo.gl/forms/zpqCXuigod74psV62
So I have a beta version of one of these on it's way to me... I'll report back once I get it in and have a chance to test it out :)

My biggest concern with this device is that he designed it for System 573 use... and 573 games are all CD based. there are some bootleg multi-discs that use DVD and people swap in a DVD drive to play them and it does supposedly work with those but it's my understanding that those discs are also formatted somehow to look like an oversized CD for the 573. So my concern is if there are any problems with native DVD ISOs.

So my first test will be to get it up and running on a System 573 to verify that it works, then test the CD based games for the 246 and then move on to DVD and HDD games. I do plan on testing the entire catalog if I can.

Personally $200 seems too high for what it is, especially when I'd need more than one. Thoughts on pricing?

Yeah, at $200 a piece I'll continue running discs.

That said, there's definitely a market for these. It's just not for you or me.

I think Cereth and Nem were talking about the dongle?

Yeah, I was talking about the ODE and I assumed Cereth was as well.

Not much use for an optical drive any longer. So this is a niche specialty item for specialized purposes. As such, low sales volume. It is only ever going to be worth development if there is room for profit. It is high though considering the SCSI optical drive emulator is less than half the cost.

I too shall run discs until the price comes down. I won't even be tempted until it gets under $100.

Can I please be in the next batch?

There's so much time release unlock stuff on this platform, there's a password system but it seems a lot are not known :(

Is there some hope of getting around this?

Pretty excited that the multi should be delivered today!

Before I end up nuking my SC2 memory card do they work across regions? I have a JP kit but would like to play conquest mode in English.

Back