What's new
Streaky video can be one of two things...

Most likely, surface mount caps on the main board (ps2), causing video issues...very similar to whats happens with the Namco Classics series of Pcb's.

or, issues with your video chip (solder joints going cold, lifting pins, etc.)

If you don't surface mount solder, or aren't super handy with an iron, etc....Speedys is a division of Namco, and handles all their RMA repair, and has intimate knowledge of the 246/56 series boards, and their repair.
They have done several for the company I work for, and we have always been happy with them.

@bagheera369 sorry mate; wish I lived in USA. Im over here in NZ so it would probably cost me more the repair than get one from Japan :(

Regards,
Rich

Did some testing.

Soul Calibur 3 and Tekken 5DR worked without issues.
Had a black screen on Super Dragon Ball.

gonna test this again sone time.
Device is great. Thank you very much for your good work. :love:

Oh hell yes - not sure how I missed this!

Please add me to the list for two - understanding that I might just get (1) to start... :)

Matt

Last edited:
ode_order.jpg

https://goo.gl/forms/zpqCXuigod74psV62
So I have a beta version of one of these on it's way to me... I'll report back once I get it in and have a chance to test it out :)
Hey @twistedsymphony - I might have missed it, but any update on beta testing that ODE?

Thanks,

Did some testing.

Soul Calibur 3 and Tekken 5DR worked without issues.
Had a black screen on Super Dragon Ball.

gonna test this again sone time.
Device is great. Thank you very much for your good work. :love:
The first game I tried was Super Dragon Ball was black screen too,
But I found the reason already and now ok.

Firstly, make sure u burn a CD not a DVD, the rom is a CD actually.
Secondly, the DVD Drive in your 256 maybe not compatible with this game, I swap 4 256 DVD drivers (all can read Gundam games), only 1 can read Super Dragon Ball smoothly (this can read tekken 4 in 246), one is can only read very slowly and the music was lag, other two was only black screen for 5 mins.

Hope this information can help you.

Wow, I know about the fuzzy drive for Tekken 4 on 246, but this is the first time I hear about something similar for 256?

Hi all, I'm the guy working on the IDE/ATAPI ODE and I'm definitely interested in supporting the Namco systems, and while I've already been working with @twistedsymphony it'll be much easier to just debug it here, so I've already got a 246 and a 256 coming over from Japan. However, as far as I know the only actual game I'll have available is a Dragonball Z game that's included with the 256, so please sign me up for one of these USB dongles!

Hi all, I'm the guy working on the IDE/ATAPI ODE and I'm definitely interested in supporting the Namco systems, and while I've already been working with @twistedsymphony it'll be much easier to just debug it here, so I've already got a 246 and a 256 coming over from Japan. However, as far as I know the only actual game I'll have available is a Dragonball Z game that's included with the 256, so please sign me up for one of these USB dongles!
We are very interested in buying your ODE once you get it all working :D I'll be buying 4 :)

You'll be able to test everything with the dongle, it's great :)

(one more :) )

I registered on the official interest page, but I'll do it here as well, 1 for me please :D

satisfied customer reporting in :thumbup: i had a verification error with Tekken 5 DR but it runs fine. did someone experience a similar issue?

Did few testing.
After having issue with bad usb micro cables, I've finally flashed the dongle for Gundam Vs Gundam Next (HDD provided with the system I've bought).
After flashing the dongle, the game started without any problem.
Today, I've tried Capcom Figthing Jam.
I've burned the iso (generated from mame CHD file) with my Sony Optiarc AD-7240S at x4 speed (looks like I cannot burn below x4 speed), flashed the dongle, and tada, the game is working fine.
Thanks you @brizzo for the dongle and @ekorz for the Rollup Pack :thumbsup:
Now waiting for an IDE/ATAPI ODE :P

Last edited:
Back