What's new
Is Tekken 5.3 picky for DVD drive? It's the dvd as 5.1 - which works fine... but when i reflash the card for 5.3 - it does the "first power on", and then "good morning" - and then just keeps accessing the drive and never loads the game...

Is Tekken 5.3 picky for DVD drive? It's the dvd as 5.1 - which works fine... but when i reflash the card for 5.3 - it does the "first power on", and then "good morning" - and then just keeps accessing the drive and never loads the game...
try running it in 15khz.

I am - I have the Namco JVS->JAMMA board hooked up to a PVM - all 15khz.

What bin file and chd are you using? I can test tonight.

has anyone tried battle of yuyu?
Hey @Darksoft - I tried Battle of YuYu - worked with no issue on both of my 256's. I haven't seen this before - looks fun!

@plasia - I used the ones from the rollup back for Tekken 5.1 (TE53 Ver B) - te51-dvd0.iso for the DVD, and the bin is "tekken51b-te53verb.bin". The ISO is the same for both TE51 VerB and TE53 VerB - everything works fine with TE51 VerB, just not TE53....

Thanks!

I have two DVD-Drives I tried it with.

LG 6SA-H42N
Lite-On DH-16D2P (this is the only drive that works for me with Tekken 4).

For Battle of Yuyu I used the files from the rollup - so created yh1.iso from yh1.chd and used yuyukahu-dongle.bin from the same rollup for the usb dongle.

@plasia, @mathewbeall which files did you use? Which DVD drive you have?
yh1.chd
yuyuhaku-dongle.bin

The ones in the rollup pack.
LG GH22NP20

@plasia - I used the ones from the rollup back for Tekken 5.1 (TE53 Ver B) - te51-dvd0.iso for the DVD, and the bin is "tekken51b-te53verb.bin". The ISO is the same for both TE51 VerB and TE53 VerB - everything works fine with TE51 VerB, just not TE53....

Thanks!
That combo is not working.

I have a couple USB Dongles left in stock; Canada Post has given me some shipping vouchers that expire by the end of the month (saying sorry for the 2 month long strike). Depending on the destination country, you will get free shipping :)

Thanks for the support everyone!

if there's any left can I grab one. Was in october batch but the purchase of a vewlix emptied my PP account.

Back