What's new
Question: How many writes do we get with the NAND Flash RAM over the life of this product?
There are several brands of NAND flash memory found in these dongles; but manufacturer datasheets rate the endurance between 100,000 and 1,000,000 erase/write cycles.
As I mentioned bad blocks above, often they are only found as a defect of the chip manufacturing process. It is possible the NAND may develop bad blocks in the future, but the software does proper error detection and reporting if an issue is detected during erase or write cycles.

Good question :thumbsup:
Also the NANDs can be found elsewhere so a new one can always be installed in the future if need be. I've only ever had to replace one NAND and I've converted 100s of dongles by now.

I'm going to need to be in the 3rd batch also. I just realized i'm going to need a second one as I have a 246 and 256 and would like to have a dedicated one for each machine.

Oh ya. Whenever buying a 2nd is an option, I'm in for that too.

Oh ya. Whenever buying a 2nd is an option, I'm in for that too.
Same here. I'd love to throw one in a normal cab, and have one for a future Taiko cab.

Thanks for the support everyone, list has been updated!

Created another list for those wanting more than 1 usb dongle. Will get you taken care of, just want everyone to get a fair shot of getting one on the first couple rounds :)

Awesome product, @brizzo! This will lead to a lot of experimentation and better documentation for 2x6 owners.

Awesome! I'm in for one.

Also, can I please get routing numbers and bank account info from brizzo, as well as Darksoft and Mitsurugi-w. Doing so will save us all a lot of time and inconvenience if I can just directly deposit my paycheck into you guys respective bank accounts. Joking, of course, but you guys seriously rock! Keep the hits coming!!!

Last edited:
Please sign me up for first batch if possible otherwise i will take what i can get!

Sign me up for 1 in the October batch!

Thank you.

Back