What's new
Since games like Soul Calibur III and Tekken 5 run on the 256 hardware, I'd suspect that means they don't use the ATAPI protocol, would it be possible to run these games from an IDE CF adapter as opposed to disc?

Since games like Soul Calibur III and Tekken 5 run on the 256 hardware, I'd suspect that means they don't use the ATAPI protocol, would it be possible to run these games from an IDE CF adapter as opposed to disc?
DVD drives use ATAPI which is a software protocol not supported on CF devices (the answer is no)

But hard drive based games will work from IDE/CF drives. You can expect to see images that support multiple hdd games (but not all of them).

DVD drives use ATAPI which is a software protocol not supported on CF devices (the answer is no)
But hard drive based games will work from IDE/CF drives. You can expect to see images that support multiple hdd games (but not all of them).
Would be awesome if someone figured out how to make it run ISO images like they started doing with the 3DO consoles.

Been testing all evening on my SYS246.

Currently taking existing games I have and reprogramming the dongle.

Flashing is done in less than 30 seconds, you all have something to look forward to!
Everything is working like a dream, tomorrow will be the 256.

Now can someone show me where the artwork for all the SYS2X6 games is hidden ? :D

Any chance of sliding into the October batch and letting someone else have my September spot?

I've been testing mine and it's a really nice design. It works flawlessly and is very easy to use. He had to write the software which is impressive and works well. I have just one small suggestion to improve the program. Also, I have a few questions before I finish testing. :)

People will not be disappointed!

Yeah I tested 256 during the weekend, works flawlessly and is super fast, many many compliments to @brizzo

I'm going to do a burn-in test sometime this week.

I cant wait for the days where we have a drive replacement option. I had to reburn most of my dvd-r disks so that they would load properly. Newly burned disks and original disks gave no issues. I really hate cd/DVD media now. Grrr.

I also have some dumps of games not in MAME. Just need to ask Brizzo some questions before testing.

I own quite a lot of the games but I had to get out my DVD-Rs as well.
Luckily I have a writer which can do X 2 so they all worked.

I also dream of the days when we will have an ODE for our DVD drives :D

I also dream of the days when we will have an ODE for our DVD drives
ode_order.jpg

https://goo.gl/forms/zpqCXuigod74psV62

Nice! I'll pick one up for testing with a few systems

Sheeeee-it, I haven't had an optical drive in my computer in years. I gotta see if I can find a friend with an external burner or if I'm gonna suddenly be in the market :)

Back