What's new

8bitforlife

Grand Master
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to call the part but it's like a ring thats on the lock and when you turn it, it locks or unlocks the door. My 5575 locks for my blast city didn't come with them. Anyone know what I could use?

NYExq0k.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
if I have 2 blasts I need 6 or 8 locks and latches?

Pcb door - lock and latch
Coin mech door - lock and latch
Coin box drawer - lock and the double tang latch thing (hot-1204)
Control panel - lock and the CP hinge latch thing

So x2 means 8 locks but only 4 of those small latches

Pcb door - lock and latch
Coin mech door - lock and latch
Coin box drawer - lock and the double tang latch thing (hot-1204)
Control panel - lock and the CP hinge latch thing

So x2 means 8 locks but only 4 of those small latches
so 4 for 2 cabs?

Already have 1 double tang thing so I just need 1 more

has anyone seen the "different keyed" 5575 variant anywhere for sale? The cash box key differs from the main box, and service door locks. They are both 5575, but they do not match *intentionally*, obviously you don't want someone with access to service key to automatically get access to the cash. =].

I've seen em in the manuals listed as 5576 and 5574 at times. See the attached photos...

KeyMaster.jpeg

Attachments

• CamLock.jpeg
    CamLock.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 337
  • Lock.jpeg
    Lock.jpeg
    750.1 KB · Views: 248
  • lockKeyedDifferent.jpeg
    lockKeyedDifferent.jpeg
    220.4 KB · Views: 293
  • CamLockMaster.jpeg
    CamLockMaster.jpeg
    356.5 KB · Views: 238
the correct name of that part is a CAM
technically correct but so few people know the correct term it's useless as a search term

I've seen them listed as:
cam
tang
tongue
latch

you kind of need to use all of those terms when searching.

heck even the locks themselves go by
tube lock
tubular lock
cam lock
barrel lock
circle lock
circular lock

has anyone seen the "different keyed" 5575 variant anywhere for sale?
Very rarely... they do pop up on YAJ on occasion usually they're mixed in with huge lots of random keys/locks. From what I've heard lots of arcades that would have bought these cabs in bulk would have also specified the specific lock number they wanted for their arcade and not resold that lock when getting rid of the cab, meaning that very few of these cabs actually shipped with the "original" cashbox lock.

Personally though, I don't use them. What I typically do is move the service door lock to the cash box then install a keyless lock into the service door, and hang the key to the cab behind this door as well.

this allows me to turn the machine on and off and swap boards without having the key on me, and if I need a key it's hanging inside the cab. This also ensures all the original locks are still there which making moving the service lock back in place and installing a unique key on the cash box trivial.

Personally though, I don't use them. What I typically do is move the service door lock to the cash box then install a keyless lock into the service door, and hang the key to the cab behind this door as well.
Oh that's a nice option. Stealing that.

that thumb-turn is interesting,
i'll have to find out what they really cost.
because i know it will be FAR less than that! i can get a new lock with 2 keys and a cam for under $2

i'll have to find out what they really cost.
because i know it will be FAR less than that! i can get a new lock with 2 keys and a cam for under $2
you can get them for $1.80 a piece if you're willing to buy 30 of them: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-30-...m=181915008371&_trksid=p2047675.c100008.m2219

just an FYI. they work perfectly for most things but Sega candy cab locks use oversized cam studs. so you either need to use the original cam that comes with the keyless lock, or just crank down the nut to hold the Sega cam on with pressure alone. Definitely wouldn't recommend trying to use it for something like a Sega control panel lock where the lock torques a mechanism unless you were able to shim the stud to keep it from rotating out, otherwise you'd risk it slipping and wouldn't be able to open it up again.

found a couple
measure the locks you have and make sure you buy them in the correct depth, most are too long. I believe the 5/8th depth is correct for most candy cabs but definitely double check that on your cab before buying.

my stuff is oldskool,
so wood covers and metal std cashdoors.
22mm is the common size and then make up for any movement with an offset cam.

Back