What's new

Finisterre

Professional
Reaction score
Both my best friend and I have noticed that the left side can seem to get stuck on the Naomi Universal monitor bezels for driving cabinet during removal. Is there a trick to get em unstuck!? I don't want to break something that is hard to replace like a yellow Crazy Taxi bezel.

My current issue is indeed on a Crazy Taxi, I had a cold welded piece of plastic when trying to remove the rear NOA-1200 "CRT cover", so I'm wondering if the front has similar problems. Both my 18 wheeler, and my friends Jambo stuck a little bit as well, but ultimately broke free. This one, not so much!

I don't think I missed any screws! I think maybe someone spilled soda, and it also cold welded in place like the rear CRT cover. Does anyone have pro tips on breaking this thing loose with out breaking it?

Yes I removed the screws in the JBA-1014UK "entry cover", as well as the two on either side of the cab holding it in place.

The top comes out fine...
Dlenn9wWsAAtK5X.jpg

Right around in here is where it sticks / refuses to budge.

Dlenn94XcAAd_7V.jpg

This shows exactly where it is getting stuck.
Untitled.jpeg

1297216422.jpg
Untitled2.jpeg

Attachments

• Dlenn9zWsAAd5W7.jpg
    Dlenn9zWsAAd5W7.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Dlenn9vX0AAjWPk.jpg
    Dlenn9vX0AAjWPk.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 180
  • crazytaxi_cabinet.jpg
    crazytaxi_cabinet.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 212
I had this issue with a Virtua Tennis 2 I restored, same corner even and it was from tons of spilled soda when it was on location.

I ended up spraying the corner and bolt hole with an industrial degreaser and letting it sit for a hour and then lightly jiggling it apart and it got free.

To give you an idea of how bad these can get:

Uni_CP_Lower.jpg

How the JVS I/O survived is beyond me, but it did.

Back