What's new

BroadwayJose

Professional
Reaction score
I'm looking for leads on how wire up a stereo cable for the Atomiswave or where to purchase one already made. Would prefer the latter option if at all possible, as I have no idea when I'll be able to get to what I'm assuming would be a small project to complete re: creation of this cable.

From memory it is a JST PHD connector, pinout is as follow;

6058edc6-720d-45a2-b70c-8c30d0a34c4a

Last edited:
Can't see what I'm assuming is a pinout image in the response but I did find this when I searched for the connector:

http://www.jst-mfg.com/product/detail_e.php?series=201

However not sure what exactly to expect if I order or which part is right one when I used the shopping link. I guess what I'm looking for would be the female end of the connector with wires installed? Does something like this exist?

Making your own cable is the way to go, however, I did buy one awhile back from an ebay seller, wangfu_fr. Real nice guy, it doesn't appear that he has any listed for sale but he makes them by hand and if you message him I am fairly certain that he will help you out.

Attachments

• atomiswave_stereo.gif
    atomiswave_stereo.gif
    106 KB · Views: 628
Thanks guys.

@gusmoney I've reached out to your eBay seller. Hopefully they respond back soon.

[edit] looks like he can make the cable for me. I'll post up soon as I have it and can test. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Make sure you hook up a line level converter as well as it comes out amplified!

Would I need this for a New Versus City? There's an amp already installed.

Alternatively you could just connect it straight to the speakers.

Going forward I need to start making stuff like this for myself. Any suggestions on a good crimping tool? Is there anything recommended for multiple connector styles or am I looking at getting different tools for JST, molex, whatever else?

Back