What's new

Dakken

Student
Reaction score
So when I got the monitor it was blind. recapped the chassis and it came up with what appears to be on the verge of Horizontal Collapse or something I'm not sure about. I've tried OSD controls to change H-Size with no luck and moving the image around.
I've also ran the reset to Factory on OSD as well.

BZSlSc.jpg

sECsy1.jpg

if you have a horizontal colapse (a single vertical line) then it's likely that your Horizontal Output Transformer (aka HOT) needs replace.

This is one of the most common failures on CRT monitors after caps and flybacks.

you might also check that the adjustment pots aren't broken (just measure that it's proving resistance and that you can adjust it). Sometimes they crack which causes a broken connection across the pot and can cause other issues.

Chances are it's the HOT but it's easy enough to check the pots just to be sure.

There is a *slight* chance its the HOT but usually this would blow the fuse and result in a dead monitor.

Yup I check the HOT tested good and went ahead and replaced it with a new one just for kicks. I'm going to replace the HV Caps to see if that helps any as I was recommend to by a Nanao monitor expert. I'll update once that's all done since I've got to wait for the HV caps to come in.

Yup I check the HOT tested good and went ahead and replaced it with a new one just for kicks. I'm going to replace the HV Caps to see if that helps any as I was recommend to by a Nanao monitor expert. I'll update once that's all done since I've got to wait for the HV caps to come in.
Poke Grantspain on AO if you hit a dead end, he's a wonder with Nanao's. Unless of course he's the expert you were referring to, lol.

Yup he's the one who told me to replace the HV Caps

Yup he's the one who told me to replace the HV Caps
He's a real whiz. He's helped me with 4 different Nanao's as well as one I bought that was completely dead on purchase.

So I replaced a few HV caps and things have improved better than before so hopefully after I replace the others I'll be 100%

hGzPBt.jpg

Back