What's new

VIDHAR

Beginner
Reaction score
Making tests with my netdimm for upgrade it to the firmware 4.02.
I discovered one thing, with the firmware 2.13 i can send games with GameTransfer.exe and that games work fine.
I completed these games, from the beginning to the end, without freezing, and without resets on the board.

Street Fighter Zero Upper
Virtua Tennis 2
The King of Fighters XI
Project Justice

The games load without percentage time.
Board resets, shows black screen Naomi 2 Logo and the game start.

The bios is the last of Japan of Naomi 2.
when i send another game to the board the sound not work good and for example Dolphin Blue shows a blue screen.

Don't understand anything, because the netdimm is enabled from 3.17 version, but in my board works fine in the 2.13 version.

This is the Video, sorry for the quality...

https://youtu.be/Wycqhg_y6gs

Last edited:
I got motivated to give it another try after reading your post. I tried a different NetDIMM this time and it worked!

Took 2 seconds to update to 4.01, a lot better than having to desolder the TSOP. :D

I can't update the dimm!! The board show me an error 31 wen send the 3.17 firmware.

Do you have a Zero PIC installed? That's the only thing I can think of, or maybe try 4.01.
OMG!! Thanks so much, i upgrade my dimm for free!! without desoldering TSOP, and without expensives GD-ROMS.

I sent te firmware 4.02 with TransferGame.exe and work it!!

Updating a NetDimm to 4.02 is easy. It's updating the normal dimm that requires the soldering unless you have a 3.17 update gdrom. You shouldn't need to solder anything if you have a NetDimm.

OMG!! Thanks so much, i upgrade my dimm for free!! without desoldering TSOP, and without expensives GD-ROMS.

I sent te firmware 4.02 with TransferGame.exe and work it!!
Like I said updating a NetDimm to 4.02 is easy and no secret. Updating a regular dimm takes work.

Updating a NetDimm to 4.02 is easy. It's updating the normal dimm that requires the soldering unless you have a 3.17 update gdrom. You shouldn't need to solder anything if you have a NetDimm.
Oh, i don't know this.
But is normal the first video? the netdimm have a 2.13 Firmware.

I didn't think you could update 2.13 via netbooting, only GD-Rom. I though you had to update to 3.17 via GD-Rom then netboot to 4.02.

So all you did was use Transfergame.exe and use a null pic, that's it?

Last edited:
Hey all. I know this discussion has been over for awhile but i just recently did a update from 2.14 to 4.01 and thought i could give some input that wasn't in this thread.

For people trying this with out a security pic and running in to error 31 while using transfergame.exe.

Try using transfergame.exe to copy the .bin file to the naomi then run the naomi_boot.py script immidiatly after transfergame.exe has done its bit.

The reason of this is with the older firmware naomi_boot.py dosent want to send any game to the naomi but can still make a connection for security pic spoofing.

So using transfergame.exe to send the data then naomi_boot.py to spoof the pic. note you will only have a few seconds to execute naomi_boot.py after transfergame.exe.

Wow, I bumped into this issue a few days ago. Mine is 2.13!

I’ll give it a go next week

Back