What's new

kidpanda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, in my search for adding a very small stereo amp to my E3/ASWD I have finally made a great solution. Here is my story.

First I got a very small stereo amp that matched the new speakers I just put in my cab.
The amp is a TDA-7297 and is price very well.

Here is a pic:
nvA2E0r.jpg

So now it's time to put it in a great spot on my mounting board, considering this will mostly be used to Taito Type X, Naomi, etc., I decided to put it at the top of the mounting board. You can really put it wherever you wish.
Here's a pic:
8owZGEV.jpg

I routed the 1/8 line under the amp so it looked clean, I would recommend using a right angle plug as the one I used sticks out a little far for my tastes. But any 1/8 to 1/8 inch stereo jack will work.
Here's a pic:
VkWwYlY.jpg

The next thing we have to address is how to get power to this little bugger, thankfully the Sega I/O Rev B I have has a connector labelled CN6 and on pins 4,(this is the 12v line), and pin 5,( this is the GND), we have what we need to get this thing going.
Here is a pic:
49kriil.jpg

Next up is getting the sound to the speakers themselves in the cab. There is a plug marked "P" which with the bundle of tucked to the left of the cab, I had to make a header that would fit said plug, I haven't put the shrink tubing on yet, but you get the idea.
Here is a pic:
hGJUwus.jpg

Notice how it plugs in the the "P" plug, I don't have it pushed in all the way yet :P
sEPukm6.jpg

After all is said and done, this is how it looks in the cab
fjmCv1F.jpg

And this is a pic just out of the cab and how I have the Taito Type X laid out.
WVHDapB.jpg

So the big question, how does it really sound?

Wow, just wow, some games are crazy loud such as Raiden IV, some are quiet and need a little volume like Shikigami No Shiro III. All in all, I'm very happy and it was pretty easy to put all together. Hope this helps you guys and if you have any questions, feel fre to ask, and I'll try my best to answer them!

Last edited:
Nice tutorial. Looks like you didn't have any trouble posting it either. Someone else tried to post a tutorial and blamed the site for being shitty and then called me an asshole when I suggested he host his pics on a different site as well as his file.

But I digress....

Back to you. Great job on the tutorial. :)

Cool post! I'm using the exact same amp in a CPS2 multi build I'm working on. Still need to permanently mount my speakers, but so far it seems that it will be better than the on-pcb amp that the CPS2 provides. For the price, the amp seems pretty capable. Just remains to be seen if it will last or die quickly.

The only real difference I have in my setup is that I pulled 12v and ground from a terminal block that I added inline to my JAMMA harness. No handy header on board to pull from that I know of.

If I were doing something like this I would probably remove that screw terminal for the 12V on the amp and add a 2-pin connector instead. I freaking hate screw terminals!!

Back