What's new

Jojuinc90

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m new here to arcade-projects.com and new to working on arcade cabinets as well. After being interested in arcade games for years, I recently purchased a Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition cabinet about a week ago.

After getting the game home and booting it up, I quickly noticed that the board had the Accelerator EPROMs installed, which make the game run faster and allows for some mid-air moves. Now these modifications are kinda fun to play around with, but I’d honestly prefer to play the game as it was intended. So my main reason for coming here is to see if anyone can help point me in the right direction to obtaining the original EPROMs or better yet, the EPROMs for the Hyper Fighting version of the game?

I can tell already that this site will be a great resource for my new hobby. Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the group.
You can get an eprom eraser and programmer so you can make them yourself with your current eproms. Or if you don't wanna buy that stuff I'm sure you'll find someone here that can create them for you

Welcome to the Arcade Party!
1rVvucKB_party-time-logo.jpg

You can order pre-programed chips (you supply the binary) from HobbyROMs if you don't want to be bothered with a programmer.
The MAME dumps for CE and TE should be good to go, you'll only need 21/22/23 (all mask code is identical between versions).
s-l300.jpg

Thank you so much! I’ll probably go this route for the time being. Maybe I’ll pick up an EPROM eraser and programmer as I get deeper into the hobby.

Back